5.5 months post op, no shave FUE 1400 approx for hairline restoration

TEXAN35

I might have posted some pics before in separate thread but lost he handle. I did a no shave fue 5.5 months ago. Results have been ok so far.

I only did 1400 approx FUE to restore hairline  because my top/crown is also thinning  and wanted to have option open for FUT+FUE for the next one if my hair loss speeds up.

After 5.5 months I have some growth but in wet hair I can still see a lot of scalp. When dry and indoor lighting it looks better. Not dense but looks very natural which is ok with me.

A couple of questions.

Does my growth look ok , Can I hope for double then density as my final result from current state 

For front hairline (2) inch is it common practice to use around 2500  grafts maximum so to save 4000 for midscalp and crown if you go NW6 in future?

I may consider another hairline work for 1500 grafts in a couple of years but just wanted to have an estimate.

First pic is 23 days post op. Since it was shaveless, it is very similar to my before pic which unfortunated I dont have with my hair back.

Second and Third are after 5.5 months around and one is dry other is with Vaseline based cream applied

day_23_pulled_side.jpg

months_5_1_sticky_oil_2.jpg

months_5_dry_2.jpg

Edited by TEXAN35

Looks like a significant improvement already.

Very envious of your no shave procedure...I'm dreading going through the shaving down part again.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

46 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

But it’s still early days for you here. Personally I don’t think the graft count was enough for the area covered. Will it improve? Yes it will, how much it’s difficult to say. 

Yes, I pushed for the lower count because I wanted to hang on to keeping the FUT option open for my next transplant. Have heard FUT+FUE maximises graft count. Probably should have just forgotten about FUT option.

Another thing was that before transplant I had some thinning hair at recipient but seems transplant expedited the process of their depletion which is ok.

For now I am happy that I don't have to do a comb over and hope to get some more density in coming months.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

did you never buzz the top that was left unshaven ? 

Nope , just a comb over hair style. None of the recipient area was ever shaved in my case even during the procedure. I did do a taper cut in the back to match it up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

i mean the parts other then the recepient. so the top and back aka the unshaven parts

Nope I didnt shave other parts either. Didnt see the reason to shave off and had an event coming up too.  Just changed the hairstyle for a couple of months to hide recipient area. But maybe in my case it was just hairline restoration hence not needed.  23 days post op pics

Day_23_pulled.jpg

Day_23_Front.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

9 Month update:

I had good imnprovement from 6-9 months and still improving. The hairline even though not very dense looks natural. Overtime I still may need another front third hairline work in few years as more native hair is lost and crown work as my crown is also thinning (towards NW5). Currently my crown thinning can be very easlity concealed using a sprinke of toppik.  I chose a very conservative hairline to start with which is natural for someone in late thirties.  Of course now I want a little lower.  Not sure about temple area as it seems my hairstyle is fine without temples. 

I am also on Topical DUT.

My future options are

1) Get a 2500 FUT for front third hairline to lower it make it denser as more native hair are lost  and then 3000 FUE for the crown

2) Go completely with FUE in future for hairline and Crown

20220119_094602.jpg

20220119_095226.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 12:40 PM, TEXAN35 said:

9 Month update:

I had good imnprovement from 6-9 months and still improving. The hairline even though not very dense looks natural. Overtime I still may need another front third hairline work in few years as more native hair is lost and crown work as my crown is also thinning (towards NW5). Currently my crown thinning can be very easlity concealed using a sprinke of toppik.  I chose a very conservative hairline to start with which is natural for someone in late thirties.  Of course now I want a little lower.  Not sure about temple area as it seems my hairstyle is fine without temples. 

I am also on Topical DUT.

My future options are

1) Get a 2500 FUT for front third hairline to lower it make it denser as more native hair are lost  and then 3000 FUE for the crown

2) Go completely with FUE in future for hairline and Crown

20220119_094602.jpg

20220119_095226.jpg

Wow. I think it looks great for 1400. Nice!