RANKING TOP 10 - Wesley, H&W, Pak, Carman, Mohebi, Feller, Rassman, Shapiro...

Adam7463

• Moderators

Dr Vories

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 11 months later...
On 9/16/2021 at 6:24 PM, JayLDD said:

Rassman is an industry veteran but no longer at the same standard as the rest of the list. Jae Pak who I think trained under Rassman is similarly below par in my opinion, these are realself celebs in that they (or their marketing team) responds to ample questions on the website to get their names out but ultimately they aren't at the top of the industry. 

Not to say the rest of the list are bad surgeons, but the only options here I personally would happily pay money for are Konior, Hasson/Wong and Bloxham.  The rest don't differentiate themselves from the pack in an impressive enough way for me to consider them or don't reach levels of what I would desire for consistency/aesthetics for the price. 

In terms of hairline aesthetics and density Hasson in particular is above the rest. Wong and Konior do some of the best crown work in the world, Konior being one of the best generalists simultaneously and who I'd choose if money wasn't a consideration. Bloxham and Nadimi at Konior's clinic are in a slightly lower bracket albeit both significantly cheaper than Konior and both doing consistently good work. Nadimi occasionally too conservative for my taste however. 

Wesley does good work but for the price I can't see a convincing reason not to choose Hasson/Wong if those are the main considerations. 

Hi Im just wondering if you can maybe educate me a little more on Dr Pak, and why you see him as not being top tier? 
Any input would be helpful.

Thanks!

On 9/16/2021 at 6:21 PM, BigMike27 said:

Interesting rankings. Konior/Nadhimi  should be higher but im interested to see what everyone says here.

Agree, I would definitely rank both of them ant the top of the list  especially when you consider how much they cover with a lower graft count and how natural the results look. 

On 12/7/2022 at 4:42 PM, MarkW said:

Hi Im just wondering if you can maybe educate me a little more on Dr Pak, and why you see him as not being top tier? 
Any input would be helpful.

Thanks!

I could give a more complex answer with specific standards, but to be frank his results look absolutely awful and even what he presents on his own website (which is presumably going to be his best work) shows a variety of what I would consider failed cases, unnatural results, extremely low densities and overall aesthetics that fail to match even mid level standards of top surgeons from this website as an example. 

If a doctors before/after photos look like they're from the 90s/2000s, are only from a single angle and aren't consistently HD you can almost with 100% certainty infer that they are a low quality doctor, of which Pak neatly fills the role.

Compare his website, before/afters both website and patient and general densities with clinics here like Hasson/Wong or doctors like Freitas and Konior. Pak is not fit to shine their shoes. 

This might sound overly aggressive, but I firmly believe that hair transplants is an extremely difficult field and as a consumer there's a relatively small list of surgeons with a cost/results level to EVER be considered, Pak isn't at this level and only has a presence online due to his RS spamming. 

• Well Done 1

On 12/10/2022 at 4:35 PM, JayLDD said:

I could give a more complex answer with specific standards, but to be frank his results look absolutely awful and even what he presents on his own website (which is presumably going to be his best work) shows a variety of what I would consider failed cases, unnatural results, extremely low densities and overall aesthetics that fail to match even mid level standards of top surgeons from this website as an example. 

If a doctors before/after photos look like they're from the 90s/2000s, are only from a single angle and aren't consistently HD you can almost with 100% certainty infer that they are a low quality doctor, of which Pak neatly fills the role.

Compare his website, before/afters both website and patient and general densities with clinics here like Hasson/Wong or doctors like Freitas and Konior. Pak is not fit to shine their shoes. 

This might sound overly aggressive, but I firmly believe that hair transplants is an extremely difficult field and as a consumer there's a relatively small list of surgeons with a cost/results level to EVER be considered, Pak isn't at this level and only has a presence online due to his RS spamming. 

Yes i see your point about his own website gallery looking quite bad. It is a strange thing really, I wonder why it looks so unimpressive, aside from the possibility that he is not good at HT surgery, which is the obvious conclusion, I mean what else is he thinking by having such bad results on his website. Is it because the good results didnt give him permission to use their pictures? or does he somehow see bad results as looking more natural? 
I was recommend him by a guy, who had such great things to say about him, but that same guy had quite average results, and was going back to Pak for another HT. What is going on? And if its just a case of him not being good at performing HTs, then why is he not good? he's been around for ages, trained with some of the best, has a very great set up, great staff, my in person consultation with him gave me a great feeling. What is going on here? 
Also, is "RS spamming' just a matter of writing fake reviews on the Real Self website?
Thanks

I thought Diep had more or less ben exposed as a hack? Transplants in rows, poor donor management, poor bedside manor, large punches. I've heard horror stories about Diep. His youtube videos look good because row transplanting gives an illusion of fuller density from afar but very unnatural looking up close.