What are your views on my possible hairtransplant?

Hi, I am considering a hairtransplant and  interested in your views. By the way, this is my first post but I have been visiting this forum since a year and find the input provided here quite valuable. 

Medication: I am not on propecia but I have been on PRP for 4 years with good effect. 

Objective of surgery: No lowering of the hairline but redesign hairline the corners in a conservative manner.

Any views would be highly appreciated. thanks

Front.jpg

Top1.jpg

top2.jpg

BAck.jpg

You're the perfect candidate, almost too good actually as it seems you don't really have any hair loss from your pics, but I can sort of see the very slight temple recession so I do understand.

Go ahead, just make sure you pick a great surgeon as you really don't want to trade a minimally receding look for a botched head that will make you look 100x worse than you did before. You have little to gain, but a lot to lose if you approach this incorrectly is what I'm saying.

The risk/reward ratio here skews a bit heavy to the former, especially if you end up going to second tier clinic.  Shock loss to your native hair is quite possible since you're not on fin, which would leave you worse off than where you are now.  Tread carefully!

Edited by aaron1234
  • Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Valued Contributor

Yes I have to agree with JohnAC71 and Dr. Suhail Khokhar. The only thing I would suggest if you are open to trying is finasteride. If you can tolerate it then it will arrest your hair loss and even strengthen what you have. All the best!

• Like 2

Hello,

From your photos your hair seems quite strong and it can be seen that PRP sessions worked well. In my opinion you do not need a hair transplant but if you feel uncomfortable with your current situation you can easily have a hair transplant. Based on your pictures it seems like you are a fitting candidate. 

Best regards

Thanks for these replies, it is quite helpful. I viewed the HT rather  as a nice to have and not as a necessity. But I am currently considering all options. I take the point to add something to my hair loss regime and potentially push back surgery. However, as I am not not open to propecia, I will try laser cap. Wait a few weeks and see from there. 

Regarding PRP, i am quite happy with this. My hair is table and density has improved.