Finasteride problem

Mat16

Hello,

I have been taking finasteride (1mg 4x a week) for maybe two months when I realised that my erections were kind of weaker so I stopped for two weeks and everything got back to normal. So I started again from smaller doses until I got back to 1mg four times a week. I am now maybe three months on it and I started wondering again about this problem. I feel like my boner is softer again which isn’t very flattering for me. No other problems though, also don’t see any positive effects on my hair. Does someone of you guys here have any advice how to battle this problem cause I really need to stay on finasteride cause I’m only 22 and want to keep my hair that are left.

thanksss

I had similar sides to you when I was taking 1mg/day, I came off it for 2 weeks then reduced dosage to 0.5mg/day... 3 or 4 months on no more sides 🤞🏽

From what I’ve read the difference between taking 1mg to 0.5mg is negligible so worth a try.

I tried 1mg when I was 21 , had side effects & difficulty with erections so came off it.  I had a transpant at 25 , and used minox / microneedling the last couple years. I'm 29 now

Ultimately it's up to you if want to continue risking it with fin

1 hour ago, Spring15 said:

I tried 1mg when I was 21 , had side effects & difficulty with erections so came off it.  I had a transpant at 25 , and used minox / microneedling the last couple years. I'm 29 now

Ultimately it's up to you if want to continue risking it with fin

And how did it turn out? We’re you satisfied ? And what level of loss did you have at 21?

• Like 1

Years ago, when I was in the industry, we would have monthly meetings with the Merck rep.  We learned there is more testosterone with the med than without.  So my approach has always been, "I am going to perform better - and with hair). Never had an issue.  If, from the get go you think there is going to be an issue - there will probably be one. 

Is the side effect real? It can happen. I've seen it happen - similar to what you've described.  First, speak with a doctor, (hopefully a knowledgeable one).  Second, try combinations.  Every other day, etc.  If the issue continues, perhaps move on.  There are other modalities we typically discussed when addressing the issue.  Rogaine, PRP and Laser.  Perhaps consider doing some if not all of these.  It's been proven using multiple modalities can yield better results.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

32 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

Years ago, when I was in the industry, we would have monthly meetings with the Merck rep.  We learned there is more testosterone with the med than without

I'm not disputing this - but using a rep from the manufacturing company as your source to find peace of mind is pretty moronic. 

Edited by Curious25

Unfortunately doctors have no choice but to rely on the info provided to them by the manufacturer's rep.  Is there also research involved? Sure. What would you have done differently? And the rep works under the umbrella of the doctor and what he decides.  And this applies to the entire medical community and drug manufacturers.  Guess we have millions of morons out there.....

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

6 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

Unfortunately doctors have no choice but to rely on the info provided to them by the manufacturer's rep.

Oh really? I always thought non biased scientific research tended to be what *Doctors* opted for. 

If I was a Dr, (or a guy who promotes laser caps), I would look at peer reviewed studies, and collect larger samples of research data. Discuss amongst my fellow peers. And then also acknowledge that it's dealing with mechanisms and bodily functions out from within the field of my expertise, and probably seek the relevant professionals' perspectives on the matter, before forming my own assumptions and opinions. 

Edited by Curious25

All modalities have been around for years.  All you suggest has already been done - and it's well documented.  If the med had just been introduced, I would give some merit to your comments.  Bet in the next decade will find more pro and against info regarding the use of meds.  

14 hours ago, Mat16 said:

And how did it turn out? We’re you satisfied ? And what level of loss did you have at 21?

I was about NW2 at 21 , I am satisfied , obviously I'd hoped I would have been able to use fin without sides, however I'd rather a functioning reproductive organ than some extra hair