Oral Minoxidil Results After 10.5 Weeks

Pephair

I started June 19th, 2021 with 2.5mg every day. You'll see small hairs growing next to long hairs, I have closeup photos from a couple years back that didn't show anything like this.

My entire scalp also feels prickly when I rub my hands through my longer hair so that's what got me interested in taking a closer look since I've never felt that before.

I also notice that some of my hairs are long, and there are small hairs growing within the same follicle that are shorter.

A couple questions from this:

1. Are these smaller hairs new growth too, or can a single follicle have multiple hairs growing at different times? 
  2. When a follicle begins to miniaturize, can one hair miniaturize first before another hair in the same follicle?

S20210901_001.jpg

S20210901_002.jpg

S20210901_003.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 8.04.52 AM.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Do you have more pictures you can share OP, for instance before and afters that aren't hyper zoomed in, to appreciate whether there has been any noticeable visual improvement?

Side effect wise . . have you experienced anything? 

The hairs are too small to see visual differences. Going to give it a couple more months.

No sides anymore. I had headaches and my heart skipped a few beats for a few days when I started. I do notice random additional hairs near my eyebrows but I just tweezer them off.

23 minutes ago, Pephair said:

The hairs are too small to see visual differences. Going to give it a couple more months.

No sides anymore. I had headaches and my heart skipped a few beats for a few days when I started. I do notice random additional hairs near my eyebrows but I just tweezer them off.

No swelling or skin issues? 

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2021 at 9:16 PM, Over-Rated said:

Interesting, why 10mg and not 0.1ml, 5mg?

Any results thus far? Any shedding?

I feel the more the better. Although I don't want to raise the dose to risk negative side effects, I may well drop down to 5mg if my blood pressure lowers etc

Great results so far, I'd say 70-80% decrease in shedding

11 hours ago, Spring15 said:

I feel the more the better. Although I don't want to raise the dose to risk negative side effects, I may well drop down to 5mg if my blood pressure lowers etc

Great results so far, I'd say 70-80% decrease in shedding

Just to be sure..

So you were NOT using minoxidil at all prior, no topical? 

And you jumped on 10mg oral minox, right?

You have a 70%-80% decrease in shedding now... but did you shed initially?

On 9/3/2021 at 6:35 AM, Spring15 said:

I have no idea re your questions. However this looks promising, I am about a month into oral Minox - drinking 10mg of Kirkland liquid daily (5mg twice a day) 

They may start selling minoxidil shots in the bars. That will be fun. I know the tropical solution are alcohol based but not sure if that's edible form of alcohol. You know there are some types of alcohol which can cause poisoning if ingested orally.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, TEXAN35 said:

They may start selling minoxidil shots in the bars. That will be fun. I know the tropical solution are alcohol based but not sure if that's edible form of alcohol. You know there are some types of alcohol which can cause poisoning if ingested orally.

It's just ethanol.. and it's like 1 drop, for most people.

8 hours ago, Over-Rated said:

Just to be sure..

So you were NOT using minoxidil at all prior, no topical? 

And you jumped on 10mg oral minox, right?

You have a 70%-80% decrease in shedding now... but did you shed initially?

I've been on topical minox for over 4 years, with microneedling the last 2. I was still losing ground though

Then I started 10mg oral minox nearly 3 months ago. I was shedding a lot the first 1-1.5 months, then around 2 months the shedding decreased drastically. Note - two weeks after starting oral minox the gyms closed due to COVID , I haven't been lifting in over 2 months, I have no idea if that could be the cause of decreased shedding? I hope not

I have mild hypertrichosis on my arms, back of my neck, upper back, eye brows, face & also my eye lashes have grown a few millimeters. I originally had mild headaches the first month on oral minox as well 

5 hours ago, Spring15 said:

I've been on topical minox for over 4 years, with microneedling the last 2. I was still losing ground though

Then I started 10mg oral minox nearly 3 months ago. I was shedding a lot the first 1-1.5 months, then around 2 months the shedding decreased drastically. Note - two weeks after starting oral minox the gyms closed due to COVID , I haven't been lifting in over 2 months, I have no idea if that could be the cause of decreased shedding? I hope not

I have mild hypertrichosis on my arms, back of my neck, upper back, eye brows, face & also my eye lashes have grown a few millimeters. I originally had mild headaches the first month on oral minox as well 

Which country are you in for gyms to have closed 2 months ago? 

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Lightmare said:

Any updates @Pephair? Where did you get your 2.5mg oral minoxidil?

@Spring15 also curious as to how things are going.

I posted some new photos in my HT thread. It's looking still to early to see drastic differences in my mid/crown. I asked my first HT doctor for a prescription and she gave me one with no hesitation. Otherwise I'd buy probably just buy it online, it's like half the price of topical.