Haircut after FUE procedure?

Hello all,

I underwent a FUE procedure ~12 weeks ago to restore my hairline and haven't cut my hair since.

Although I haven't started to see much growth yet, I would like to have my hair neatned up with a haircut. I only want the sides and back neatening (I won't touch the recipient area).

I wanted to get my hair shaved on the back and sides and blended into the longer/uncut hair on top (e.g the classic 'short back and sides').

I contacted the clinic who did the procedure and they told me not to share my hair for at least 9 months and advised to only scissor cut to a grade 3/4 length.

I looked around the forum and saw some people shave their head #0 or #1 after a few weeks and continue to do so right the way through the 'ugly duckling' phase.

Does anyone know why they advised me not to shave it? If I go ahead and shave the area, will I mess up my results?

• Administrators

Definitely fine to cut both the donor and recipient at this point.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.