Dr. Gabel vs Dr. Konior

NamedNord

Hi all,

I have a deposit with Dr. Konior but I am close to a year out. I am closer to Dr. Gabel geographically which makes driving possible and follow ups easier. I also like Dr. Gabel and his approach and the sense of personal attention. (I am sure that is true of Konior as well but being a year out there has not been much interaction other than securing the date). 

From research I know both are great and Gabel trained under Konior but wanted to just get the thoughts of others on this forum. Money is no issue for such a critical procedure nor is travel if it makes a difference on quality but I am not sure it does at this point. It would be nice to get started without waiting a year. I am between a norwood 3 and 4 with thinner hair overall so naturalness is my top priority. Both surgeons say they can get about 3000 in my first session and will focus on reestablishing my hairline and then subsequent sessions will focus on crown etc. 

Would value any feedback from this group.

Thanks!

You can't go wrong with either surgeon. What's the wait time for Dr. Gabel? Are you on meds to stabilize your hair loss?

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators

I’ve met with both surgeons, and spoke with both for over an hour. I can honestly both of these surgeons have the same philosophies and outlook. Both are hands-on, meticulous and both get great results. My honest opinion is you can’t go wrong with either surgeon.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’ve met with both surgeons, and spoke with both for over an hour. I can honestly both of these surgeons have the same philosophies and outlook. Both are hands-on, meticulous and both get great results. My honest opinion is you can’t go wrong with either surgeon.

Ok thanks for this. If all things are equal then the geography of being a few hours away by car makes Gabel a winner and additional procedures etc all get a bit easier. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, NamedNord said:

Ok thanks for this. If all things are equal then the geography of being a few hours away by car makes Gabel a winner and additional procedures etc all get a bit easier. 

All things equal, yes cost and convenience would be the deciding factor. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/21/2021 at 4:08 PM, JohnAC71 said:

I really like both Drs work. You definitely would be fine choosing either ! Would I wait for Dr Konior ? Well yes I would actually as he always has been in my top 3 😉

1st time poster :))

Who may I ask are your top 3 

• 9 months later...