Troypi

Welcome, Troy!

There's a list of recommended surgeons on the site. I don't see any in NM but take a gander anyways. It'll get you started in your journey!

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Troypi said:

Hello I am a new member I am a sixty year old man, I am hoping to find a hair transplant surgeon in New Mexico can anyone recommend on or more to me?

Thanks to all in advance. 

Troy

Can you travel further afield ? You would get some much better options ! 

It just makes sense for anyone to look at a place near by.  I call this regionality.  Unfortunately this is a non-regulated industry and, like we all suggest, do your research.  Consider you are going to invest likely thousands of dollars on yourself.  Wouldn't be worth it to choose a doctor, based on photos of results, that most appeals to you?  Regardless of location? Texas, for example, is only 12 hours away.  Like JohnAC71 suggests, look all over.

Pls post a set of photos,  It'll be interesting to see what pattern you are dealing with and if you should be on some type of medical regimen to help you with retention of the native hair.

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

32 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Can you travel further afield ? You would get some much better options ! 

It appears I may have to, I was hoping to keep it close for follow up visits etc, because of time and cost, but like everyone I would like the best person.

• Like 1

Just now, Troypi said:

It appears I may have to, I was hoping to keep it close for follow up visits etc, because of time and cost, but like everyone I would like the best person.

Definitely check out the list @MachoVatogave above. Great jumping off point for researching some proven Clinics/Drs and the option to do some virtual consultations. 

• Administrators

You may want to check out Dr. Arocha in Texas. I don’t know of any quality surgeons in New Mexico. Never choose a surgeon because of location.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

First, welcome to the forum! The people here are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. Whereabouts in New Mexico are you located?

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

I drove 7 hours to Minneapolis to go to Shapiro Medical Group, and then 15 hours for Dr. Konior last summer.  Do what you need to do to go to the best. 

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group