Stemson Therapeutics Raises 22.5 Million Dollars to Cure Hair Loss Thoughts?

• Administrators

Stemson Therapeutics were the guys who basically grew human hair on a mouse. They were able to bio-engineer human hair follicles derived from stem cells. In my opinion, they are one of the better pipeline companies. But what do you guys think? Is this just another destined to fail company. I feel like 22.5 million is a decent amount of funding.

mice.jpeg
  • Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, SLA said:

I think there is real potential here. Backers include very reputable pharma companies including Abbvie (Abbott Labs).

Yea I do feel like they have better backers than replicel who had Shisheido a shampoo company.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yeah....I think they are the real deal for sure. The technology sounds very viable and the company is obviously doing a good job attracting the right investors.

There are some other big players in the field that are doing ground breaking work.

Through the use of 3-D printing, they are now able to ensure proper direction and growth of hair follicles and they have proven they can replicate them and grow properly in animals. I know a researcher at Columbia University did something similar using 3-D printing scaffolding.

I know there are a lot of us who are skeptical and rightfully so, but I do think it is only a matter of time in which hair cloning becomes a reality but whether this happens in 5, 10, 50 or 100 years is the question.