Skill level for relocating / replanting grafts, a test run of ~10 grafts ?

I had a previous hair transplant with unideal temple placement, with blunt/woody grafts. It was recommended to me that these are placed further back. One concern is that I scar very easily; I am probably at the bottom 1% of scarring. I remember getting a small cut on my face a few years back which resulted in a scar, which surprised my dermatologist (who I originally went to about preventing a scar, she told me a scar shouldn't happen). 

It was recommended to me that I can relocating just a few grafts to see what sort of scarring occurs. 

Most of the HTs who I have looked up with extensive experience relocating grafts on here are quit sought out, with appointments booked 8-12 months out, and prices for the high quality of work. 

I am wondering if I could get a procedure done where I might be able to get it done sooner. Another reason is that I also need to get my huge donor scar closed up from the previous procedure. 

Though I am concerned that if they do not have a lot of experience relocating grafts, it will result in scarring, which will be not big deal in terms of aesthetics since it'll be only 10, but this would result in me not relocating the rest of the graphs, which would limit the quality potential of a procedure. 

It seems that this requires great skill, as I saw another post on here with a HTs not doing it, out concern of scarring. 

Are is the a ton of skill and art for relocating 10 grafts? 

Edited by HairRun

I reccomend picking a doctor you trust and just get a very good study done in the terms of a more comprehensive evaluation. 

Edited by mxm56

10 grafts may not be enough to judge...maybe 25 or so.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

7 minutes ago, gillenator said:

10 grafts may not be enough to judge...maybe 25 or so.

Appreciate the info. Is this due to variations that may occur? Some removed may have scarring, while others do not? 

You want to get enough sample of the re-implants to be sure that you are satisfied with the angulations especially in the temporal lobe areas and hairline....your physiology does play a major factor regarding scarring but so does the instrumentation the surgeon chooses to use along with skill level.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY