Scheduled 3000 graft FUE with Dr. Rahal

Hey everyone new to the forums but have been a long time lurker. Have a scheduled 3000 graft FUE procedure in November with Dr. Rahal to rebuild my hairline. 60cm squared total area being covered at 50 grafts a cm squared. I am 29 yr old NW3 with deep temporal recession and with a U hairline recession and am looking to rebuild my temple angles and lower my hairline some as I have a large forehead now.  I have attached photos of my hair loss. I am taking finasteride 1mg EOD and believe I am a good candidate for a transplant as my mothers side of the family has no hair loss and my father is a NW3 in his mid 60’s. He has had the same hairline since he was my age. So his hair loss has stabilized naturally the past 30 years as he takes no medication for hair loss. I have a 200 person wedding I am the best man in next summer so that is part of my reason to get one in Nov, that will give me 9 months from procedure until the wedding. Do you believe that is enough time to see decent results. Just looking to get some opinions on my procedure and on Dr. Rahal as a surgeon. Have read a mix of good and bad on here. As a side note I will also mention I have Ménière’s disease. 

841D389B-99A8-4E38-AA3D-D3242F384D7D.jpeg

C6BCE89F-FF19-4F22-9CE8-EDC804F387A8.jpeg

B9B2B64D-4170-4909-8D9B-72D27AA693AF.jpeg

EC0AFD25-69FD-45A6-A5F7-442619D84305.jpeg

It's usually variable when you see results as some are late growers and some are early growers. For sure at 9 months though, you probably should have the majority of your hairs sprouted and you'll be waiting for them to mature. I've heard that 12 months is roughly when you'll see the full result, but I've also heard up to 18 months. At 9 months, I think for sure you'll have a fair amount of growth but you might not be at full density. You could probably use some sort of hair fibers or toppik to take care of the density. So in all likelihood, you'll see a partial result which can then be concealed with hair fibers to give the illusion of a full head of hair.

Funny enough, I'm also going to a wedding late next year as well...

@TorontoMan had a really great result from Dr. Rahal. You should check his thread out.

• Like 1

Yeah take a look at my thread I posted updates every month. I had most my growth by month 6 I believe and even by month 4-5 I could survive with fibers. Every situation will be different, so notning is promised, but I do think 9 months is a good amount of time to expect most of your growth. 

Good decision on prevention, as family history could be an indicator of how you’ll end up but not a sure tell. There are guys here who have siblings and even fathers with full heads of hair and they’ve been dealt shitty hair genetics. 

• Administrators

You look similar to @andrew11 check out his amazing results. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey check out my results, I saw doctor Rahal myself! best choice i made was to go see him. I also had a good amount of growth by month 6th with a short haircut you should be looking great by month 9. I believe at month 14 is when you can expect the final result regarding density, its different for everyone of course though. 

Edited by Brandonatill

20 minutes ago, Brandonatill said:

Hey check out my results, I saw doctor Rahal myself! best choice i made was to go see him. I also had a good amount of growth by month 6th with a short haircut you should be looking great by month 9. I believe at month 14 is when you can expect the final result regarding density, its different for everyone of course though. 

Hey Brandon looks like great results. Did Rahal restore your temple angles as well? It looks like he did in your post op pic but it is hard to tell. Do you have a regimen to combat future hair loss such as fin/min etc?

Dr Rahal basically recreated my whole hairline, i had temple recession bad, that was my main concern but i also had thining in the middle of my windows peak as well. What he did was recreate the whole front of my hairline and worked over what i was going to lose down the line, i got this done at 22. I dont follow a regimen at all, its been three years since Ive had the hair transplant. I dont recommend not following one though, the only reason Im not is because everyone on my mothers side only has temple recession.

16 minutes ago, Brandonatill said:

if you want to see some pictures of my hair now i dont mind at all.

Yah if you wanted to show a closeup of his temple work and your hairline I would appreciate it. With how recessed my temples are I’d like to have them rebuilt some and I know that is harder or downright impossible to recreate for some surgeons. Do you know the size of the area he originally treated and what your transplanted graft density was?

You have a very similar hairline that i had prior to my surgery with Dr.Rahal ! 

3000 is definitely enough , and no doubt you chose the right clinic for the job !

9 months shold yield some good results but everyone is different!