Hairstyling after HT

• Administrators

Check out Aveda they have great products 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

For my friend who had a transplant he actually wore a baseball cap for 8 months before deciding he didnt need to wear one anymore. He was allowed to wear one at work. Now how embarrassing is it to wear a cap at work is up to the imagination. He happens to be lucky in that regard.

If youre worried about returning to work with a still work-in-progress head ask your manager if you can wear a cap or hat. With some leeway and good explaining (including some ass kissing) I'm certain they can let you wear one at work. Your colleagues will either think youre undergoing chemo or losing hair. But dont worry about what others think. Just focus on you. In 6 months you'll have a good set of hair and wont need to wear anything at all at that point.

Good luck!

Edited by dtap

Transplanted hair should just be like normal hair from what I understand. So you would just style it like normal

Just whenever you get your hair cut, ask the stylist to try some product out in your hair. And feel free to experiment with a variety of hair products. I'm personally a big fan of clays and waxes so any of them are good. I go for the very strong hold ones because my hair is thick and doesn't angle backwards that well. I think L'oreal poker was really nice from what I remember. I'm planning on going for ATS style muse next since I really liked it when I used it the one time at a salon. For real though, just experiment. That's part of the fun of having hair