Great progress with Finasteride & Minoxidil

Rachmunas

I’ve been on the forum since my early 20’s mostly behind the scenes reading and learning. I almost got a H/T a few times but still am a little nervous of surgery. I’ve had a few in person consultations too.

I’m 38 now. I’ve been on 1mg Finasteride daily since 11/20 and 5% minoxidil foam since 3/29/21 twice a day. I am an NW3 that was looking to stabilize my current hair, but also strengthen my temples and hairline. My crowns always been good. My right side temple is stronger than my left, and it even has many new little 1/2”-1” hairs growing now. My left side was slightly going further into the middle, but now I can’t find thinning there anymore, and my hairline has lots of 1/2 to 1” new hairs growing. I’ll keep taking it. I use Toppik to really give a full head appearance when I work. The pics have no Toppik. I did have shedding from minoxidil at one month in, but rarely lose a hair anymore.

first photo was before Finasteride & Minoxidil. The second is just under 3 months after Minxodil and about 7 months Finasteride. What do you guys think? 

7C4CF4F5-F5A5-4E2E-AD90-B088F89878A1.png

B2D43F67-856A-42E1-81B0-B4B06B15EA3D.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks good, did you take any other pictures before with different angles?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It does like you earned a lot of volume from the therapy. I am also pleased by my result so far (5 months) altough it's not as brilliant as yours. You are also younger than i am  if i were you i would proceed with HT given how well you responded to medication.

Thanks for the compliment. Due to me responding very well to the meds, and not wanting to shave my head due to the type of work I do, I’m still holding off a transplant. Plus a little Toppik and it works like a charm. No Toppik in the pics though. 

Edited by Rachmunas
  • Like 1

The first and third pic are from mid 11/20. That’s right before my first 1mg Finasteride pill. The second and forth pic are just now. It’s been three months on Minoxidil 5% now. My left temple was always more receded. It filled in a lot and that area gradually going into the middle is no more. I have so many little 1/2”-1” hairs. It’s probably similar to around 5-6 months into a transplant, lol. Also my hair thickness is pretty apparent too. 

EF1AE4F8-327F-4D04-A705-00765F63221E.png

AC24E41C-E378-4A0E-8AF1-21FA4D6777F9.jpeg

76179837-D477-4529-9A7E-5520DCC6E08A.png

E7C42A40-B7A3-4B0C-BC4D-48A1ECED558A.jpeg

Edited by Rachmunas