Where on the Norwood scale am I? And am I still good for transplant? Honest opinions please!

Hello everyone!

I'm considering getting a hair transplant surgery, but before that I would like to get some unbiased opinions.

Based on the following pictures, where would you put me on the Norwood scale? And would a hair transplant help me, or is it too late?

I'm also considering having my beard used for transplant, if it's of any relevance.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:

I'm 28 years old, used Finasteride for over 4 years (since last year used ProAvenir, which is supposed to be analogous). Added beard photo (note that I shaved on the morning of taking this.)

I live in the middle east.

1623691407481.jpg

1623691407503.jpg

Inked1623691407492_LI.jpg

Inked1623692209651_LI.jpg

Inked1623696198362_LI.jpg

Edited by tokerutacihou
Added info

First, welcome to the forum! You look to be at a NW6 with progression to NW7. Are you on finasteride/minoxidil to maintain what you have? How is your beard? Where are you located?

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

8 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

First, welcome to the forum! You look to be at a NW6. Are you on finasteride/minoxidil to maintain what you have? How is your beard? Where are you located?

Thanks. Added all the answers in the original post.

Edited by tokerutacihou

Your showing a developing Norwood 7 pattern with your crown already dipping like that. Without meds you will continue to lose ground and maybe your lateral humps will eventually drop also. 
Consider Fin if you want to have a hair transplant, a lot of clinics may ask you have been on it for at least 6 months to a year.

Will take a clinic who is particularly good with higher Norwood levels to give you the best chance of adequate coverage. 
And you will need to have realistic expectations. With careful planning and using your Beard to supplement scalp hair you may be able to get a decent result. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Your showing a developing Norwood 7 pattern with your crown already dipping like that. Without meds you will continue to lose ground and maybe your lateral humps will eventually drop also. 
Consider Fin if you want to have a hair transplant, a lot of clinics may ask you have been on it for at least 6 months to a year.

Will take a clinic who is particularly good with higher Norwood levels to give you the best chance of adequate coverage. 
And you will need to have realistic expectations. With careful planning and using your Beard to supplement scalp hair you may be able to get a decent result. 

Thanks. I'm on Finasteride for over 4 years (since last year used ProAvenir, since it's a lot cheaper).

Can you recommend a clinic? Most places don't really advertise their expertise with regard to Norwood scale.

It is indeed a stage 6 with possible progression. Maintenance is extremely important, as well as reasonable expectations and knowledge that you will most likely require a staged approach. I agree that the beard can be utilized if it has good density. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

10 hours ago, Kharmacoma said:

Has your donor stabilised since you started finasteride 4 years ago, or have you noticed further thinning and the bald spot moving downwards?

I am not 100% sure it stabilized. At the very least, I myself didn't notice further thinning in the last two or so years.

Then again, I only see myself from the front in the mirror, and I usually brush my hair to the side to give it a fuller appearance. Or I just get a really short haircut so it's less noticeable.

On 6/15/2021 at 1:37 AM, DrTBarghouthi said:

It is indeed a stage 6 with possible progression. Maintenance is extremely important, as well as reasonable expectations and knowledge that you will most likely require a staged approach. I agree that the beard can be utilized if it has good density. 

Dr have left a msg for you on DM. 

Thanks