Finasteride result - 5 months

Hello everyone, I have been using 0.5 mg finasterif daily for 5 months.  Is that a hair growth in the front or is that a hair loss?  I also use regain twice a week and always use vitamin b before going to bed.  opinions?  tips?

497CC614-13EE-4208-8B02-389BADB2E056.png

AA52F7BF-696F-4955-AA3E-996562E998BB.jpeg

4AB30756-57DF-464E-9990-2796B1C1CFEC.png

2AF7CC6B-CE35-4E8C-A1A8-C349CBF7D248.jpeg

020AE680-6043-4CE0-8A74-56BD110A560F.jpeg

73427FED-9CA6-4137-8CF0-CDB9203EA8DB.jpeg

1D0D22FB-5DF6-4D3E-B4CD-F97E16ECEFE0.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice. It looks like your crown filled up

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

• Valued Contributor

As has been stated, topical minoxidil is best used twice a day. In order to measure improvements objectively take a photo (if you have) the day before treatment then every 2 months. After a year you will have good data to look at. You could also use measurements such as measuring the hairline from the glabella (the point between your eye brows) to your hairline and mark it in centimeters. Same with temple points, etc. Photos don't lie but emotions can. Wishing you all the best!

21 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Are any of those frontal shots "before" images? Without them it's hard to gauge, but the crown has definitely improved quote a bit.

no from the front there is no before.  here is a picture of the front in advance:

pictures before finasterid september 2020; 

1E20BA63-8917-4C34-B8E7-57CC078FCB55.png

0BEB18DD-5B3D-40A1-BC58-C104D5896938.png

17 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

You should definitely consider taking progress pictures so you can see what’s going on exactly. Did you mean you use regaine twice a day or twice a week? You should ideally be using it at least once a day.

wanted to stop with regain but of course not immediately, so a little bit reduced.  2-3 in per week ..

12 hours ago, Gatsby said:

As has been stated, topical minoxidil is best used twice a day. In order to measure improvements objectively take a photo (if you have) the day before treatment then every 2 months. After a year you will have good data to look at. You could also use measurements such as measuring the hairline from the glabella (the point between your eye brows) to your hairline and mark it in centimeters. Same with temple points, etc. Photos don't lie but emotions can. Wishing you all the best!

thanks for the info and tips.  you were right .. i almost wanted a hair transplant without the finasteride strengthening my hair .. that's why i first use medication to strengthen my hair and hopefully stop hair loss.  Unfortunately, I don't know if the hair in the front is a hair loss or if hair is growing there ..?

The general improvements are obvious in the photos. I started Finasteride just before you so i am pretty much in the same situation (similar starting point). My hair had become better (the hair dresser noticed that too) but i did not see realgregrowth. However, some of the weaker sprouts became stronger indeed, adding to the general volume. 

9 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Okay, I would definitely say the miniaturized hair in the front has grown out more in the after pictures. Look how short it used to be vs how long it is growing now.

Ok thanks dude!! 

Edited by Hamit38

7 hours ago, mxm56 said:

The general improvements are obvious in the photos. I started Finasteride just before you so i am pretty much in the same situation (similar starting point). My hair had become better (the hair dresser noticed that too) but i did not see realgregrowth. However, some of the weaker sprouts became stronger indeed, adding to the general volume. 

when exactly did you start?  and do you also take 0.5 mg per day?

• 4 weeks later...