Question about my recent hair transplant

I had my first ever hair tranplant on April 1st and was wondering if my results look normal at this point. I noticed today (day 5) that I have lost my scabs/hair in an "S" shape and in a straight line in another area. Is it possible that I have lost the grafts there? Is it possible I did this while I was sleeping last night? It did not look this way yesterday...

p.thumb.jpg.63f1b18a81a755c6b79285078c11e306.jpg

I had my first ever hair tranplant on April 1st and was wondering if my results look normal at this point. I noticed today (day 5) that I have lost my scabs/hair in an "S" shape and in a straight line in another area. Is it possible that I have lost the grafts there? Is it possible I did this while I was sleeping last night? It did not look this way yesterday...

at day 5 they should be fairly secured.

it would require somewhat heavier force to dislodge them.

but extra caution is advisable at early stages of first 2 weeks.

so i heard icon_smile.gif

congrats btw on your HT.

are you planing to share with us more details of your surgery, like who was your doc, how many grafts etc.

lovetospoon,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant. I agree with our members that everything looks completely normal. Try not to concern yourself with the way the grafts look, especially while scabbing still exists. Often times, these crusts can form islands and make it appear that grafts have been placed in patchy groups - however, this is not the case.

By the way, you and I had our hair transplants on the same day, ironically, at the same clinic. You must have been in the other room while I was having mine :-). My 4th hair transplant was April 1st with Dr. Hasson too.

I look forward to seeing your hair loss blog and following your progress.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey Bill! Not to sound creepy or anything but I knew you were in the other room having your procedure done. I have been a long time reader on these forums and Dr. Hasson told me you were having some work done that day as well. I would have introduced myself but they were in the process of removing your donor strip when I was about finished with my procedure.

lovetospoon,

Dr. Hasson did actually tell me about his other patient that day that knew who I was. I was hoping to get to meet you, but as you said, by the time I was on a break, you were already gone for the day.

But as I expected, it looks like everything went very well for you. How is your donor area feeling? Mine's still a bit tender but feeling a whole lot better today than the last few days.

I hope you'll create a hair loss weblog and then we can document our progress and growth together.

Best wishes and happy healing and growing!

Bill

lovestospoon:

I think everything is ok so far. Try to be careful the first week but after that, the grafts are fairly secured.

BTW, did you hear Bill scream when local anesthesia was injected icon_smile.gif

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley