Are Hair Transplants Perfect?

7 hours ago, qui bono said:

its absolutely the density, and the hairline was mainly filled by nape hairs. The surgery was performed by one of the most revered docs in the industry.

They would never tell me the FU per cm so around 2 years post-op I eventually got so fed up I took scissors and started cutting the hairs out along each cm of the hairline. After that the hair no longer curved and I could finally comb my hair again. Ive never felt so relieved. 

im a nw5 diffuse loser as well so ive been pretty upset about everything as its forced me to consider even more surgery. I was never a good candidate for such an approach.

I’m not sure I understand, you have yourself a haircut and after that the hairs no longer curved?

2 hours ago, qui bono said:

Yes basically. I went all along each cm of my transplant hairline and started cutting small chunks of hair out at the base - essentially removing 20 hairs or so each time. I kept doing this until I removed 600 hairs in total from my entire hairline

Before this the transplanted hair was so tightly packed together that it couldnt stand up properly (like it had no room to breathe). And the hair behind it wasnt dense enough to support it so the hairline just curved over radically creating a gap behind it. It was absolutely awful and so unnatural. A hair straightener only worked for a day. But then once I started thinning the hairline out everything went back to normal. This is called frontloading.

I still have problems ...  because I cant thin the hairline out evenly the hair will never sit naturally (it looks deflated with all the chunks taken out), so I have to smear wax in it to hold it together. I really dont like it but its better than it was. Im trying to find a clinic to punch out the grafts but its going to risk a lot of scarring.

I had begun writing a review but it got taken down. Im waiting to hear from Melvin.

I think there are scissors that you can use to thin out your hair. It might be a lot easier than cutting small chunks at a time.

Looks something like this: https://www.amazon.ca/Professional-ULG-Hairdressing-Texturizing-Detachable/dp/B0722K651D

Whenever I get my haircut, the stylist always uses something like that on my hair