Oral minoxidil

Mat16

Hello,

I would like to ask someone who has experience with oral minoxidil, where should I be able to order it? I am from slovakia (europe) and I cannot get it here so if you have some sources for buying it I would greatly appreciate it. Also, do I need a prescription? And what dosage do you think it’s the best to take? 
I saw that doctor Bisanga is selling 5mg capsules but I have heard many times that that dosage is too much.

Thanks for inputs

There are clincis in spain who prescribe it too. Just google it. There was a presentation in on of the FUE workshops. Start with a very low dosage: < 1 mg. But maybe you can cut the capsules. There are some people who drink the liquid and claim the other ingrediency are not an issue, but I am no expert so do not take this as an advice. 

Advantage: Easy to take, very high efficacy, works for topical non-responders

Disadvantage: Hair growth everywhere^^ other side effects have much higher risk 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 3:14 PM, Gasthoerer said:

There are clincis in spain who prescribe it too. Just google it. There was a presentation in on of the FUE workshops. Start with a very low dosage: < 1 mg. But maybe you can cut the capsules. There are some people who drink the liquid and claim the other ingrediency are not an issue, but I am no expert so do not take this as an advice. 

Advantage: Easy to take, very high efficacy, works for topical non-responders

Disadvantage: Hair growth everywhere^^ other side effects have much higher risk 

Okay thank you, but what is the optimal dosage? I will start low but I would like to know where should I head. And also how often? Should I use it every day or should I take it as I finasteride so Monday, Wednesday and Friday?

8 minutes ago, Mat16 said:

Okay thank you, but what is the optimal dosage? I will start low but I would like to know where should I head. And also how often? Should I use it every day or should I take it as I finasteride so Monday, Wednesday and Friday?

I started off on oral minoxidil about 6 months ago with 1.25 mg per day to determine if there were any side effects before moving onto a higher dosage. In the last two months, I have upped my dosage to 2.5 mg per day (1.25 mg in the morning and 1.25 mg in the evening). I have had no side effects so far. Obviously still too early to notice any regrowth, if it happens, but I have noticed that any remaining terminal hairs in my thinning and balding areas are thickening. I have not noticed any significant additional hair growth on the rest of my body.