Procedure coming up. Wondering about temporal region / temporal points

Hello,

I have a procedure coming up in a week and I've been trying to get an idea of how I want the hairline to be designed. I'm pretty set on the line that I want on top, but the area that I'm mulling over is the temples & temporal points. I have attached pictures of what they looked like when I was 21 and what they look like now at 28. There is a clear recession on the sides. However, this seems to be an area that requires the most expertise to implant naturally, and so this is why I might be hesitant to address it in the procedure. What do you guys think? Is it worth filling in the side temples in a hair transplant? I haven't seen much discussion on this topic on forums. Would be great to get some input.

28 yo l side.jpg

28 yo r side.jpg

21 yo l side.jpg

21 yo r side.jpg

• Valued Contributor

In my humble opinion I think you still have very good temple points that frame your face well. Personally I would concentrate perhaps more on the hairline itself. Are you on finasteride as your hair loss has not progressed much at all since you were 21 just going by these pictures? I would stay pretty close to your current hairline because at 38 and 48, etc you want a hairline that you can grow into and not out of. Who is doing your surgery? All the best.

• Administrators

I don’t think you need to touch the temple points. They still look good, and your grafts will be better used in the hairline.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

In my humble opinion I think you still have very good temple points that frame your face well. Personally I would concentrate perhaps more on the hairline itself. Are you on finasteride as your hair loss has not progressed much at all since you were 21 just going by these pictures? I would stay pretty close to your current hairline because at 38 and 48, etc you want a hairline that you can grow into and not out of. Who is doing your surgery? All the best.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was teetering on the edge of whether or not it was worth it and ultimately I agree that it's best to leave them as they are. I have been on finasteride for over a year now and it seems to have stabilized my loss. You're right from those angles it is hard to tell, but I've lost a lot of volume all over, especially behind the hairline. Here's some pics that display the extent of my loss and I've also drawn the hairline that I'm going to ask the clinic to do. I am doing it with Dr. Cinik in Turkey (I got the package where he does all of the insertions). 

I'm basically looking to add density to weak areas and strengthen the hairline. I feel like my proposed hairline is conservative and should end up looking pretty natural, what do you guys think?

20210218_152842.jpg

20210311_231043.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Edited by spazy

• Administrators

Have you really considered your option? Talk to @Egy he went to the same clinic. Seems like you may want to research a little more.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey yeah I've been researching Turkish clinics for a couple years now. The overwhelming amount of cases from Cinik that I've seen documented on youtube/reddit/here have solid results. The only poor results (of which there aren't many) I've seen are the ones where the technicians were doing the insertions, or they hadn't stabilized their loss before getting the transplant done. I opted for the package with Cinik doing them himself. The other thing is that I don't really consider my case to be a hard one. I am basically just asking for density behind the hairline and then connecting the receded parts of my existing hairline, and so I can't justify paying an exorbitant amount for a top tier surgeon to do the job. If I had to reconstruct the entire hairline and temporal points then yeah I would probably reconsider my option. But for the job that I need done, Cinik seems to be the right mix of quality and price. And honestly worst case if my hair does end up getting botched somehow, which I consider unlikely, I will just buzz my head.

Edited by spazy

Well, @Melvin-Moderatorto someone who writes "if it goes wrong, my head will buzz" there is little to answer, he probably doesn't know what a hair transplant is a surgical operation in all respects, and he likes to play Russian roulette.  All the more reason that, as he says, his case is an easy case, which does not need a mega session, in my opinion, should not choose a clinic “u.f.  unlimited and all included ”, but a surgeon like De Freitas or Pekiner, who really don't have bad cases.

Egy did you have a negative experience with Cinik clinic? Did Cinik do the insertions, or was it techs? Can you point me towards your experience, I would like to see. Also, why wouldn't I be able to buzz my head after an FUE procedure?

Edited by spazy

@spazyMy thread can be found on this forum.  I have written several times, that the day after my procedure, I met two guys who had been to Cinik the year before, one had had the procedure where Cinik had made the incisions and was not happy, the other had chosen the  package in which the technicians had carried out the procedure and had returned to thicken the top, therefore, nothing is taken for granted.  As for my experience, I don't like the fact that the clinic didn't give me any assistance after the procedure, there you are just a number, nothing more, if things go well (and I wish you) you will be the man  happiest in the world, but if something goes wrong, then you will be left on your own.
 Sure you can buzz your head, but the signs of a bad transplant will remain evident even with a shaved head.