HT scheduled at Eugenix - Gurgaon on 27th April - Amid Covid Crisis - Worried

Given the current COVID crisis in Delhi,Haryana, I am really worried and stressed. 

I am extremely worried about the negative scenario (less probable yet..) where I am tested Covid Positive after my HT and trapped in Delhi/Gurgaon.

Any suggestions from Indians in the forum regarding that?

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/live-news-lockdown-in-delhi-night-curfew-covid-cases-noida-gurgaon-ghaziabad-temperature-pollution-21-april-2021/liveblog/82166929.cms 

Also I am worried about implications of Covid infection on my HT. Can someone explain?

Edited by Gokul Krishnan
Missed an info

• Gokul Krishnan changed the title to HT scheduled at Eugenix - Gurgaon on 27th April - Amid Covid Crisis - Worried

You should look into rescheduling it. It looks like India could be facing some large scale systemic failures through their medical infrastructure and as I'm assuming you're a foreigner you probably don't want to risk getting stuck there or worse getting actually sick and not having medical treatment available to you after already undergoing a medical procedure.  

This is also a guess, but I'm assuming covid would be very bad for new hair growth after a transplant. Covid is an inflammatory virus that harms the body through androgen receptors (among other things). Many people who have had covid have suffered hairloss in the resulting months.  

Edited by TrialAcc

18 hours ago, TrialAcc said:

You should look into rescheduling it. It looks like India could be facing some large scale systemic failures through their medical infrastructure and as I'm assuming you're a foreigner you probably don't want to risk getting stuck there or worse getting actually sick and not having medical treatment available to you after already undergoing a medical procedure.  

This is also a guess, but I'm assuming covid would be very bad for new hair growth after a transplant. Covid is an inflammatory virus that harms the body through androgen receptors (among other things). Many people who have had covid have suffered hairloss in the resulting months.  

I am an Indian but from the Southern Part. Yes. I have rescheduled because of the current situation. I did not know Covid resulted in Hairloss. Thanks for the Info.

@Gokul Krishnan I was in the same boat as you and wanted to reschedule but I went ahead with my surgery in April because of two reasons. One, AFAIK they require everyone in the clinic including patients  to be covid tested. Two, I wanted to get the surgery done before they lockdown Gurgaon completely in which case I might have to wait for months. 

When I was there, everyone was wearing a surgical mask at the very least but I do understand if you don't want to go ahead with the surgery.You only get to see your results by 5th month or if you are lucky by the 4th month and I wanted a full head of hair before everything reopens, so I went ahead. 

8 minutes ago, Mggm said:

@Gokul Krishnan I was in the same boat as you and wanted to reschedule but I went ahead with my surgery in April because of two reasons. One, AFAIK they require everyone in the clinic including patients  to be covid tested. Two, I wanted to get the surgery done before they lockdown Gurgaon completely in which case I might have to wait for months. 

When I was there, everyone was wearing a surgical mask at the very least but I do understand if you don't want to go ahead with the surgery.You only get to see your results by 5th month or if you are lucky by the 4th month and I wanted a full head of hair before everything reopens, so I went ahead. 

You only start to have growth at month 4 approx. You won’t see your full results until at least month 12. 

Hi

Got the transplant done on 24 march just before things went crazy in India.

I had to postpone it earlier by one month..

Its really annoying to postpone it.. but be super sure if you want to do it.

Yes Eugenix is extremely careful about Covid and follow all the protocols. 

They changed their gloves every time they stepped out and were masked through out the process.

Its relatively safe as far as surgery goes.

But if fear of Covid leads to anxiety issues..better postpone it..

• Like 1