Loss of transplant hair after 10 years

• Administrators

Who did your procedure? It’s rare you lose hair after 10 years. Eventually hair does thin over time with age, but it’s longer than 10 years.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

There are a few active threads currently with individuals expressing similar concerns.
You may find the the following thread and videos useful. Some are more related to FUE and based on your brief post and mentioning concerns of a scar, it sounds as though your procedure was FUT, especially considering it was over 10 years ago, but still some of the factors discussed below will apply if miniaturisation may be present within your donor area.

• Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks for the replys.. Dr. Haber in Ohio did my procedure and I was very amazed and happy for years.. I still take the recommended 1mg dosage of Propecia but it seems Mr. Nature is more powerful

This is something people avoid talking about, or at least, try not to think about.

There are instances of people still losing their hair on Finasteride, which begs the question, how can anyone be confident in a transplant?

It might best to share some pictures. How long have you noticed the thinning? Could it align with the change in seasons?

Wishing you all the best!

6 minutes ago, HelpfulFriend said:

This is something people avoid talking about, or at least, try not to think about.

There are instances of people still losing their hair on Finasteride, which begs the question, how can anyone be confident in a transplant?

It might best to share some pictures. How long have you noticed the thinning? Could it align with the change in seasons?

Wishing you all the best!

That's why the best & most ethical surgeons won't overuse grafts and make a overall plan if you end up losing more hair. 

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Cmo53 said:

Thanks for the replys.. Dr. Haber in Ohio did my procedure and I was very amazed and happy for years.. I still take the recommended 1mg dosage of Propecia but it seems Mr. Nature is more powerful

Can you share some pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.