3528 Grafts Frontal and Mid Hairline with Dr. Yeimy Alvarez - April 14 2021

Jnass

• Administrators

It looks like it's definitely starting to grow, how do you feel about the donor? It looks slightly thin. Can you cut your hair shorter?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/19/2021 at 7:35 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

It looks like it's definitely starting to grow, how do you feel about the donor? It looks slightly thin. Can you cut your hair shorter?

If I cut my hair much shorter, my prior FUT scars become noticeable. Unless I get SMP in the future, can't really have my back and sides too short.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I would expect a little more density, but everyone grows at different rates. Patience is key.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Valued Contributor

It looks like your donor area is starting to bounce back. Remember that patience is the key to a hair transplant. I'm sure in the next couple of months you should see some more hair popping through in your frontal third. All the best and thanks for sharing!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Have you contacted the clinic? I’d be expecting more at this point, but still very early to start worrying.

View my thread

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Have you contacted the clinic? I’d be expecting more at this point, but still very early to start worrying.

They told me people grow at different rates but by like month 8 there should be more of an alignment amongst growers.

This is how it looks like if I style it to the side, which is what I used to do presurgery which does look better than before, certainly more volume. But yeah I was planning to have other hairstyles post surgery.

06F6E3A9-5A9B-41EA-A8F7-B992DB86B293.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, attaching 8 months and 1 week pictures. Looks like it’s certain that I’ll have to get another one, not sure what went wrong, there’s definitely growth but pretty much I’m left feeling the same as before, can’t reveal hairline and have to keep the comb over going which now reveals hair loss more due to the lowering of the hairline which isn’t very dense.

Since I’m already doing another one, might as well touch up on mid scalp area (last picture attached). My question is , how many grafts do you think would be needed to fill the hairline/front? What about the mid scalp (last picture attached)? Not too worried about the crown at the moment. I’m taking finasteride 5x a week, dutasteride 2x a week, and 2.5mg oral minoxidil daily. Thanks for the help!

2C5D0CFC-22C3-4F19-9BF6-E54BD9874813.jpeg

1825D5AB-9E59-425D-9853-12B25E9C961E.jpeg

9DAB08C9-C5BD-4881-B185-6B7215341FBE.jpeg

70696364-9471-4512-8DD0-E0C36A394F67.jpeg

27CE67DD-E42E-482D-A4A6-5FA3F39EF925.jpeg

56F8BC2B-B570-405D-AE17-ADE141545F35.jpeg

35B026D6-BBB4-44A7-A944-59E995E59536.jpeg

99C62366-043A-471F-B70E-A7861D4B42B2.jpeg

B5887DA5-9387-4F53-9F71-D396F9EB86A5.jpeg

Edited by Jnass

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 12/21/2021 at 3:47 PM, Jnass said:

Hi all, attaching 8 months and 1 week pictures. Looks like it’s certain that I’ll have to get another one, not sure what went wrong, there’s definitely growth but pretty much I’m left feeling the same as before, can’t reveal hairline and have to keep the comb over going which now reveals hair loss more due to the lowering of the hairline which isn’t very dense.

Since I’m already doing another one, might as well touch up on mid scalp area (last picture attached). My question is , how many grafts do you think would be needed to fill the hairline/front? What about the mid scalp (last picture attached)? Not too worried about the crown at the moment. I’m taking finasteride 5x a week, dutasteride 2x a week, and 2.5mg oral minoxidil daily. Thanks for the help!

2C5D0CFC-22C3-4F19-9BF6-E54BD9874813.jpeg

1825D5AB-9E59-425D-9853-12B25E9C961E.jpeg

9DAB08C9-C5BD-4881-B185-6B7215341FBE.jpeg

70696364-9471-4512-8DD0-E0C36A394F67.jpeg

27CE67DD-E42E-482D-A4A6-5FA3F39EF925.jpeg

56F8BC2B-B570-405D-AE17-ADE141545F35.jpeg

35B026D6-BBB4-44A7-A944-59E995E59536.jpeg

99C62366-043A-471F-B70E-A7861D4B42B2.jpeg

B5887DA5-9387-4F53-9F71-D396F9EB86A5.jpeg

Is the doctor giving you a free touch-up?

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah but since I'm already doing another one might as well add some grafts to the mid scalp/crown area. Let's see how it goes. She did say she wanted to do a scalp biopsy to find potential reasons why some of the grafts didn't survive. Never heard of this before, have you?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Jnass said:

Yeah but since I'm already doing another one might as well add some grafts to the mid scalp/crown area. Let's see how it goes. She did say she wanted to do a scalp biopsy to find potential reasons why some of the grafts didn't survive. Never heard of this before, have you?

Yes, honestly, I’ve been impressed with her work on Instagram, but it’s no doubt the growth here is poor. It may be an underlying condition. A biopsy is the best way forward.

View my thread

• 9 months later...
  • Administrators
6 hours ago, devilfishlane said:

@Melvin- Moderator I have read you approve of Dr Yeimy Alvarez's work. Do you know if she does uses beard hair for mid scalp/crown area? I've had 2 implants over 10 yrs ago and my  donar site on back of head is pretty sparse due to old techniques. Thanks

I liked her work on social media, but this result didn’t turn out to be good. I don’t know enough about her to recommend her. @Bogota Hairlines does excellent work in Colombia and I do recommend them.

View my thread