1700 Grafts - Front Hairline - UK

swats09

Hello! 

I am 29 from the UK, and wanted to post my hair transplant journey. I actually only found out about this site recently whilst searching for some advice on post op bits. I went with a doctor not on any lists here however feel happy with my procedure.

I had 1700ish grafts, with singles on the hairline and then two rows of triples i think, followed by doubles. I was told i had lots of multiples due to having some red hair genes? Who knows.

I have quite a lot of hair all over my hair, just not in my temples. It was 6 months growth before it was shaved, (lockdown hair).

Here are some pictures! Please let me know what you think. 

Before.thumb.jpg.3f5300142dc671ab6eaf9e4f302a23a4.jpg

Before.

03.thumb.jpg.a8ef526fc4fc0f8dfd32ca6fd8ab6905.jpg

Right after procedure.

04.thumb.jpg.b49bf6f144c0677316152c885a011ed0.jpg

Four days post.

04b.thumb.jpg.38a81ec17c6a6b2acf0aeb09c92d6dfc.jpg

Four days post donor area.

Let me know if you'd like to see any more pics.

7 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Hey 👋 

Work looks fine. Who was the Dr/Clinic ? What I would say though is that would seem quite a low amount of grafts for the area shown. 

Hi John it was Dr Manish Mittal. He was a lovely doc and believed he tried to get as many grafts as possible. I had some bad dermatitis on the back of my head so we struggled with some areas.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, swats09 said:

Hi John it was Dr Manish Mittal. He was a lovely doc and believed he tried to get as many grafts as possible. I had some bad dermatitis on the back of my head so we struggled with some areas.

I haven’t heard of this doctor. Happy growing 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The work looks clean. Only thing i don't understand is why they went outside the safe donor area for such a small procedure of a frontal hairline. Because it's a frontal hairline gives even more reason to stay in the safe area. 

Wish you all the best. 

1 hour ago, FueGenix said:

The work looks clean. Only thing i don't understand is why they went outside the safe donor area for such a small procedure of a frontal hairline. Because it's a frontal hairline gives even more reason to stay in the safe area. 

Wish you all the best. 

Hi FueGenix.

I suffer from Seborrheic Dermatitis so the surgeon had to take grafts from areas that didn't have patches of dermatitis, but also making sure not to over harvest. 

UPDATE

7 days post op now. Some scabs are falling off. Should i be rubbing them a bit more now? At the moment im just slightly moving my fingers over the grafts whilst pouring shampoo water over them.

IMG_6613.thumb.jpg.9df5cf33fb83807756badea9907ef195.jpg

IMG_6611.thumb.jpg.5748b2ba89f6a3f1a87027ca7641c6ed.jpg

And the donor area (excuse the patches of dermatitis). It's healing well.

IMG_6615.thumb.jpg.1a77e3674022f9eb57635d8e69c6ccfa.jpg

• Like 1

10-14 days is fine for the scabs to come off. I was a little eager, and braver by the day by day 7, so I rubbed mine under a 10 minute luke-warm and gentle shower to eventually rub them off. They did not want to fall off you can say. My scalp is fairly pink, so it might have been premature is all I can reflect to you :D

Are you taking any medication to prevent further loss?

3 minutes ago, j1mmy said:

10-14 days is fine for the scabs to come off. I was a little eager, and braver by the day by day 7, so I rubbed mine under a 10 minute luke-warm and gentle shower to eventually rub them off. They did not want to fall off you can say. My scalp is fairly pink, so it might have been premature is all I can reflect to you :D

Are you taking any medication to prevent further loss?

Okay good to know. I'm going to keep the gentle rubbing at the moment and use circular motions with more shampoo on day 10.

I am taking minoxodil and ordering some fin to take 1mg, 3x week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swats09 said:

Okay good to know. I'm going to keep the gentle rubbing at the moment and use circular motions with more shampoo on day 10.

I am taking minoxodil and ordering some fin to take 1mg, 3x week.

Perfect :) Good to know you have it under control! Lots to look forward to in 6-12 months :D 

Day 10

scabs softened a lot in the shower so I used circular motions and around 90% of them came off  in 20/30 mins. Will try rest tomorrow.

hows it looking? Any tips for reducing redness or will that slowly fade? It’s clear with flash but isn’t too bad in real life. 

it looks amazing to see actual hairs there not scabs!  

877F0507-BB42-4098-A068-AF75639E3ABC.jpeg

B102C881-7AA6-412D-9E76-2C6C0F6F93A8.jpeg

6AE0FF21-BBDF-4700-B18A-BF2274C543AE.jpeg

F4074459-0A00-4F3D-9C22-A017FEDBE5BE.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

5 weeks on thursday just gone.

Pretty dull update but more for myself to log it. Lots of hairs have shed now although i cant say ive noticed them but they must be falling out in the shower or in my cap.

Rest of hair is growing well.

Donor looks good, maybe a slight patch in the middle growing back slower? It's nice for my hair to be growing a bit more now as it was so long before i kind of miss it!

IMG_7133.thumb.jpg.ae1925514b964982995542713cc08822.jpgIMG_7135.thumb.jpg.21da06ab477b24244b7fc4fe69799628.jpgIMG_7134.thumb.jpg.68696cd209c2ed4c495be25c4d0b6e7d.jpg

52 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Yeah, donor looks a bit scarce in the middle, but the extraction pattern was even so you shouldn't worry about it so early. 

Happy growing.

Thanks! Yep not too worried, my native hair is growing really fast

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Things are definitely taking a turn for the better. Exciting couple of months you have ahead of you mate.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.