Finasteride Side Effects Advice

Nickpatay12

2 hours ago, Nickpatay12 said:

Just hoping these weaker erections side effect will go away eventually but it’s been 3 months. No morning wood as well. I’ll keep giving you guys an update.

Hope you get better.

How any man touches this drug I'll still never understand.

17 minutes ago, SD1984 said:

Hope you get better.

How any man touches this drug I'll still never understand.

I mean the sides are not extreme. It is fairly common to have weaker erections from what I’ve heard from other users. I still get hard, just maybe a little less then before. My libido hasn’t changed at all. Still active as ever I think. Worst case scenario I get off the drug and accept my fate as a bald man and get a transplant or something. Majority of people take the drug with no sides. I don’t believe in sides being permanent at all. 

10 minutes ago, Nickpatay12 said:

I mean the sides are not extreme. It is fairly common to have weaker erections from what I’ve heard from other users. I still get hard, just maybe a little less then before. My libido hasn’t changed at all. Still active as ever I think. Worst case scenario I get off the drug and accept my fate as a bald man and get a transplant or something. Majority of people take the drug with no sides. I don’t believe in sides being permanent at all. 

I hear ya. Maybe it's just me, but it just seems like a HELL of a lot of side effect stories from guys. And sure this is the internet where people naturally come to vent or complain, but trust me when I tell you, from someone who's been reading every forum and watching every YouTube video possible for the last 10+ years, it's a pretty significant amount of men. I look at your situation and others and just think wtf, weak erections?? What guy on Earth wants to be dealing with that?? Or messing with their hormones in general? It's a real shame bc I know this is the ONE drug that is truly very successful in treating hair loss, yet naturally it comes with one of the most negative stigmas imaginable.

Edited by SD1984
  • Like 1

I would recommend you talk to a physician about these problems. They can probably guide you better than us here on the forum.

the good thing is, most side effects can subside after quitting the drug.

I must ask however, have you evaluated other areas in your life? Are you very stressed? Getting enough sleep?

good luck, I hope you can find a solution 

10 hours ago, SD1984 said:

I hear ya. Maybe it's just me, but it just seems like a HELL of a lot of side effect stories from guys. And sure this is the internet where people naturally come to vent or complain, but trust me when I tell you, from someone who's been reading every forum and watching every YouTube video possible for the last 10+ years, it's a pretty significant amount of men. I look at your situation and others and just think wtf, weak erections?? What guy on Earth wants to be dealing with that?? Or messing with their hormones in general? It's a real shame bc I know this is the ONE drug that is truly very successful in treating hair loss, yet naturally it comes with one of the most negative stigmas imaginable.

Totally agree. 

Despite all ‘evidence’ and ‘research’ pointing towards low occurrences of this happening, for any male aged between 18-55 . . I wager that they are up there amongst some of the most undesirable side effects imaginable to potentially have to risk.  

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2021 at 12:48 AM, PizzaWolf said:

@Nickpatay12 I've experimented with different compounds over the last few years to manage hair loss and find something that's effective, but also something that I'm comfortable using forever. I currently use Finasteride and haven't noticed any side-effects, but I'm not super-thrilled with the idea of systemically lowering a potent androgen for my entire life, so I continue to experiment.

I think if you're getting side-effects, then you're getting side-effects. Maybe consider moving on and trying something else to manage your scalp DHT. It might initially seem like there are very few options, but with some research you can find many.

What are the many alternative options to finasteride? I started a separate thread regarding this topic but so far, from the responses I'm getting, there appear to be NO alternatives. I don't like the idea of altering my body chemistry and the risk of the many possible side effects from this drug. I've decided I won't get a HT if it means taking fin the rest of my life so I either need to find a viable alternative or it's bye-bye to the idea of a HT for me.

Edited by hairyharry

On 5/13/2021 at 2:05 AM, 5BetaReductase said:

I would recommend you talk to a physician about these problems. They can probably guide you better than us here on the forum.

the good thing is, most side effects can subside after quitting the drug.

I must ask however, have you evaluated other areas in your life? Are you very stressed? Getting enough sleep?

good luck, I hope you can find a solution 

No, not stressed and get plenty of exercise and sleep and good nutrition. My experience is that traditional physicians typically only know how to prescribe drugs and are not properly trained with respect to holistic natural non-drug approaches. No offense to any traditional medical doctors that may be on the forum. 🙂

Although one poster suggested there are several alternatives, I've yet to see any on this or other posts other than PRP and laser. I'm not a doctor or HT expert for sure but seems to me that although PRP and laser don't resolve the root cause of hair loss (DHT) they do keep the existing hair healthy and strong. Wouldn't that itself at least slow down hair loss. What am I missing?

Edited by hairyharry