Scheduled to have surgery this August - Travelling from Aus to US - Advice?

Hey all,

I've got a HT booked in for August with an elite surgeon, and I'm going to have to go from Melbourne to the US.

It's hard to know what things will look like by then, and I sort of don't know what do to.

Whether I'll even be able to get a flight home, how risky this all is, and how I should plan this out.

I really don't want to postpone, as I may need to wait over a year for this doc from the appointment date.

Has anyone traveled this year for an op? Or is anyone planning to?

Keen to hear some general thoughts.

Thanks gang.

You would have to see what's the latest you could cancel the appt without losing your deposit and run it right upto the date. I though Oz had one of current tightest border policy's in place? 

Would be a shame to lose your slot but with France going for a 3rd lockdown as one example I don't think you could predict anything other than month by month. 

I traveled within US and I was ok. And this was on the busiest day of all last year (Sunday after Thanksgiving). I think traveling is pretty safe since they enforce masks and ventilate.

Plus by August I really hope the vaccinations will drastically change the situation, I hope you get vaccinated too by then!

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

• Moderators

I'd say the biggest thing is to make sure you get vaccinated because here in the US it sounds like we are leaning towards checking for vaccination for international travel from other countries. Right now they are requiring that you get tested for Covid within a few days before travel.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.