Rogaine foam in the UK?

The Cure

Hi,

I am very interested in trying rogaine foam as I have read many good things about it compared to the liquid product which I did try a few years ago with limited success. It made my scalp very flakey but on all accounts the foam does not cause this reaction.? I have found via spex's website a link to www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk and read it's a reliable place to purchase from but is there anywhere cheaper? It is not expensive, especially if it works from that place but anyone know a cheaper place? ? 

Ju

• 2 weeks later...

You are right Spex, it can be unreliable. The first time I bought it, was also my first time on eBay. Everything went fine and I paid $40 for a 3 month supply. When I received it, I realized that the seller had put an incorrect expiration date on the listing. I was going to have to use 1 bottle 1 month after the expiration date but oh well, it can't be that bad I figured. The seller brushed me off as an amateur eBayer out to ruin his reputation.

The 2nd time, I got what I paid for and the seller was a great guy, fast shipping and the product was perfect. Here is the link to the guy:

http://shop.ebay.com/jpowell46077/m.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A2528&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_sop=1&_sc=1/

I ordered 4 months supply from minoxidil-direct and it came through in 5 days. It's really easy to use and if I am honest smells really good too! It seems to thicken the hair..anyone else think this also? Hope it helps.

Ju

I'm a late 40's Norwood 5/6, started using Nizoral 2/3 times week several weeks ago. Began Rogaine 5% foam May 12th, don't intend taking propecia or similar tablet, don't like taking drugs of any kind. So it's 2 of the big 3 for me as a possible pre-amble to an initial HT if appropriate

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, it cost ?50 for 4 months supply of foam. I like it , just hope it grows hair. lol.

Ju

I ordered mine for same source "minoxidil-direct" and it costs 54 UK Pounds which is around $92 AUD (Australian) or $79 US (American)

Prices above include international shipping fee

Please do not provide misleading information that only cost $50 when is much more!!

I ordered mine for same source "minoxidil-direct" and it costs 54 UK Pounds which is around $92 AUD (Australian) or $79 US (American)

Prices above include international shipping fee

Please do not provide misleading information that only cost $50 when is much more!!

hello kristijan...what do you find misleading that its not totaly accurate and costs 54 pounds rather than the 50 pounds he stated?. four pounds hardly seems worth quibling about..all the best and have a nice day. if my eye sight right he said question mark 50 not a dollar sign 50....

Edited by 1966kph

hello kristijan...what do you find misleading that its not totaly accurate and costs 54 pounds rather than the 50 pounds he stated?. four pounds hardly seems worth quibling about..all the best and have a nice day. if my eye sight right he said question mark 50 not a dollar sign 50....

Sorry I got it wrong as I thought he was referring prices being in $ US and not in British pounds

I meant to put pounds sign not ? But it will not let me. I will edit it for you. All prices are on their website anyway clearly so you will have seen it there before buying anything.

Edited by The Cure

how about drugstore.com or amazon.com?

I use it and its okay. The directions says to use it twice a day but it makes your hair look terrible and it smells like flowery crap. Definitely not a styling product but it does not chap the scalp like the liquid.

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

Came across this thread in google. Started using Regaine and think I've noticed a slowing of hair loss. So hopefully some regrowth to come!

Any tips on where to save money? Noticed a lot of the links here were dead. . .

I'm using

Regaine For Men Extra Strength Scalp Foam Triple Pack - 3 months supply (promotional link removed)

for 41.30 inc postage. Apart form ordering from the U.S is there anywhere cheaper?

Hi all,

Came across this thread in google. Started using Regaine and think I've noticed a slowing of hair loss. So hopefully some regrowth to come!

Any tips on where to save money? Noticed a lot of the links here were dead. . .

I'm using

Regaine For Men Extra Strength Scalp Foam Triple Pack - 3 months supply (promotional link removed)

for 41.30 inc postage. Apart form ordering from the U.S is there anywhere cheaper?

You will be hard pushed to find it cheaper than 40GBP unless you opt for the Kirkland Generic Foam. The latter will be 5-10GBP cheaper for 3 tins (ebay).

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

You will be hard pushed to find it cheaper than 40GBP unless you opt for the Kirkland Generic Foam. The latter will be 5-10GBP cheaper for 3 tins (ebay).

Hi Matt - last i heard did you switch to the generic foam, notice any difference to the Branded R stuff?

Cheers