HT - thoughts? (Held consultation with B Ferreira today)

19 minutes ago, Antse7en said:

Completely consistent. Haven’t missed a drop (evenings before bed) or 1mg (mornings) since first starting years ago.

What is dermmatch and how does it help please? (Naturally I’ll Google in a second) 

Well that's good. I only use it once a day, due to the half-life of minoxidil and it's accumulation, it should be just as effective once a day in my understanding of the pharmacology of it. I do however definitely use more than 1ml, as do you (2ml), so a higher dose that we use could be more effective than 1ml. Obviously don't change that now, since you are great at doing twice a day, and any change could cause unwanted effects. it is just something worth knowing for the future if you feel that twice a week is inconvenient. 

Dermmatch is just a concealer, aiding the contrast between hair and scalp, giving an illusion of density. It is very waterproof so it doesn't come off like toppik does. When used right (a dryer application than recommended), it works rather well for many, but less well in the hairline. Could find some youtube before/afters to see if it is something that could be interesting. Your pictures showed that you have an impressive enough density that your scalp is not showing as white, but almost a tinge of black, I think for that reason dermmatch works well. It works best when you have ok density, and less well if you are trying to "paint" bald areas. 

• Valued Contributor

SMP is used to give the illusion of greater density. From looking at your photos I really feel that you will regret it if you have surgery now. You currently sport what the best hair transplant results can achieve. It would be like trying to fill up a full tank of gas. As you are very hair focused as I was (I would constantly look at everyone’s hairlines in public, on tv, etc) I believe that surgery would only ignite something else for that attention to attach itself to. Your hair looks great! All the best!

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 3/28/2021 at 11:33 AM, Antse7en said:

Hi guys thanks all again for the comments.

I’m just coming back to a few specific points now.

By diffuse is this something I should be concerned about in terms of potential candidacy for a HT? I’m afraid my Dad passed away at 37, so I’m unsure beyond that point however he was most definitely thin all over the top of his head by that age.

Can you tell me how you see SMP fitting in please? It’s not something I know too much about and thought it was only for the look of a shaved head/illusion.

I will be switching to Propecia - financially I’m lucky I’m able to so figure why not? 

Not longer I’m afraid (just cut it) however I’ve attached some pics with no product. I’ll attach one with my hair a little longer (but please keep in mind I am not at all comfortable with longer hair - it’s a little OCD almost). 

Again I’d love to understand a bit more about what you think could work there? Thanks!

To everyone else thank you for your comments once more, I know I’m not in a bad position but it’s all relative right - for me it’s enough degradation that it does significantly impact my self confidence and I critically obsess over it. (I examine everyone’s hair during conversations for example, if that makes sense. Same thing on TV. It’s all I think about as relative to where I was approx 5 years ago it’s a huge difference which I really find hard to accept.

3808BE15-5222-4623-AA7B-86B4671F13CB.jpeg

A3AF050F-56CC-4CA6-B116-78C1C98E0A41.jpeg

B73315A4-FF5A-451C-BCC4-46DD0D566A80.jpeg

727C9126-629B-49D4-A8FD-878B765A4F65.jpeg

2388722F-C9D5-4F44-82EA-8BB2F60282D6.jpeg

D69884B3-84A4-4F74-8E8B-E8C30EEF38FB.jpeg

66B88772-65A2-4F3F-9311-1A8B79BE87C0.jpeg

76B93ED3-0C52-4C41-8304-25BC8DA880A4.jpeg

6B9AB3BC-D710-4907-B4B8-CFD820E7EBDC.jpeg

Your hair looks perfectly fine, no need for surgery.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I’ve just received a response from Dr Pekiner which was submitted at the same time as BF. 

As follows:

Dr. Pekiner analyzed your pictures and thinks you are an ideal candidate for a frontal and crown redensification with a high density (around 55 grafts per cm2 on hairline) hair transplantation FUE procedure. Target area will be 1, 2 and 5.

The quotation for your case is approximately 1500 grafts to achieve a new hairline hairline (example attached) and a fuller crown, replicating the original spiral design. Around 1000 grafts will be used for the hairline area (zone 1 and 2 in the attached picture) and 500 for the crown area (5 and 5v).

The price per graft is 2.5 € for head extractions.

In case you accept to be operated on dates chosen by the clinic in the month of April 2021, the price per graft would be 2.3 €

Please remember the exact amount of needed grafts can only be determined during live planning before the surgery. It depends on many variables like the final hairline drawing, the dimension of the head, the caliber of the hair, the hair/graft ratio and many other aspects that can be determined only live. Final price will vary in accordance with the actual number of transplanted grafts.

I have attached  informative files that you should read carefully before booking.

The procedure will take 1 or 2 days depending on clinic agenda.

Dr. Pekiner cares about letting you know that maintaining a Finasteride based therapy is essential for keeping your native hair healthy and the transplantation results last over time.

Minoxidil (that must be stopped around 10-15days before the surgery and resumed 1 month later) and a hair supplement with Biotin are strongly recommended, in association with Finasteride, as long term post operative care.

—-

Thoughts on this? I had generally decided to wait as per the opinion on this forum however this has me tempted given Dr Pekiner’s reputation.

47B219D8-5E36-471D-837A-B3C9CAC53301.jpeg

DFE03C8B-73FC-4538-85EE-D6C84D91A2F1.jpeg

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Antse7en said:

OK so I’ve just received a response from Dr Pekiner which was submitted at the same time as BF. 

As follows:

Dr. Pekiner analyzed your pictures and thinks you are an ideal candidate for a frontal and crown redensification with a high density (around 55 grafts per cm2 on hairline) hair transplantation FUE procedure. Target area will be 1, 2 and 5.

The quotation for your case is approximately 1500 grafts to achieve a new hairline hairline (example attached) and a fuller crown, replicating the original spiral design. Around 1000 grafts will be used for the hairline area (zone 1 and 2 in the attached picture) and 500 for the crown area (5 and 5v).

The price per graft is 2.5 € for head extractions.

In case you accept to be operated on dates chosen by the clinic in the month of April 2021, the price per graft would be 2.3 €

Please remember the exact amount of needed grafts can only be determined during live planning before the surgery. It depends on many variables like the final hairline drawing, the dimension of the head, the caliber of the hair, the hair/graft ratio and many other aspects that can be determined only live. Final price will vary in accordance with the actual number of transplanted grafts.

I have attached  informative files that you should read carefully before booking.

The procedure will take 1 or 2 days depending on clinic agenda.

Dr. Pekiner cares about letting you know that maintaining a Finasteride based therapy is essential for keeping your native hair healthy and the transplantation results last over time.

Minoxidil (that must be stopped around 10-15days before the surgery and resumed 1 month later) and a hair supplement with Biotin are strongly recommended, in association with Finasteride, as long term post operative care.

—-

Thoughts on this? I had generally decided to wait as per the opinion on this forum however this has me tempted given Dr Pekiner’s reputation.

47B219D8-5E36-471D-837A-B3C9CAC53301.jpeg

DFE03C8B-73FC-4538-85EE-D6C84D91A2F1.jpeg

These pictures are with gel. Take pictures that are dry, no product. Trust me, give the medication time to work.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

In my opinion a hair transplant would be crazy with your status. On the pictures from March 28 your hair looks awesome. Just stop using hair gel and re-evaluate in 5 years.

If you get a transplant it will be recognizable in your donor area with the fade haircut. You have a high contrast between hair and skin color.

As @Gatsby has echoed above, don't make the mistake of thinking a hair transplant will put all your hair worries to bed, if you are fixated on your hair daily then be prepared for it to go x10 crazy once you've had it done - like watching paint dry in an ice cold room!. And that's assuming all goes as planned, if you are a slow grower, you may end up with just bits of fuzz 9 months later wondering why you jumped in. 

Im also 32 and certainly wouldn't consider touching a relatively thatched crown like yours at this point, I would divert my attention to dermarolling or switching up your maintenance routine/products. 

• Like 2

You could definitely delay a hair transplant procedure for now....You may get good results with PRP that could boost thickness and density.  If you did want to add density then 1500 would be great and 2000 grafts would be amazing.  Either way a win/win situation.  Enjoy the process.