UPDATED: Eman's 3-Month and added Shaved (to a supposed #3-Clip) Pics

Eman

I am now at the vaunted 3-month mark, which is hopefully the beginning of the turning point from the stage known as the doldrums.

Some observations at this point:

1. Pimples- they are the bane of my existence right now. I feel like a teenager again when I look at the top of my head and find annoying white heads that hurt too (insult to injury)??¦my hormones must be going crazy and I am 34!?!

2. Shockloss- is prevalent at the top ends of the scar on both sides of my head. I have been keeping my hair at a #3-clip and got a little too brazen one day and used a #2-clip on the bottom half of my head to 'blend' the haircut??¦it just made the shockloss all that more noticeable

3. The scar- I have been applying vitamin e oil about three times a week to help with healing and it feels good too. It is not all that noticeable with the current haircut, but if you are seated and I am standing or you are a foot shorter than me and look up at the back of my head the scar is clearly noticeable when shaved down to a #2-clip.

4. The recipient area- my girlfriend tells me she is beginning to see what she calls little 'sprouties'. Isn't that a cute word! At least there is some growth according to her. The recipient area is still dry due to applying Rogaine Foam, shampooing (every other day) and the chlorine that Chicago adds to our water, but the color is pretty much back to normal except in bad fluorescent light.

Funny story, I was in the car with my girlfriend and two of my sisters where in the back seat when one asked if I was balding (she knows I am balding-DUH!!). So, I asked what she meant and she pointed to the scar area and said there were two little 'balding' spots??”she was not talking about the crown either (thank goodness!). I just laughed it off and nothing else was said, but it shows that the shockloss is noticeable. Oh and the same sister said I was looking a little like a Chia-Head. The pictures really don't do justice right now.

Overall, I am content at this stage, I feel I am right where I should be, and really ready to see some serious growth (I know it is still early). I don't wear hats out to social functions anymore??”YAY!! And now I call myself Chia-Head

Happy Holidays to all of you at HTN!!

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Yes, looking good...I trust this will be an excellent result and you will be elated with the results!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Eman:

It's looking great; you do have little sprouts coming in.... the first of many. The back looks very normal; the scar is completely not visible in the pics.

I know what you mean about the Chicago water and the harsh chemicals. I feel like I've lost more hair than I should have in my 6 years in chitown because of it.

I'm excited that you posted your 3 month pics; gives me a small glimpse into the future.

Dr. Rahal - 4069 Grafts - December 11, 2008

1's - 720, 2's - 2197, 3's - 1152 = Total Hair - 8570

Proscar 1 mg - Rogaine 5% - Nizoral 1% (3 times a week)

My Hair Loss WebLog

looking good eman...coming along nice...i so cant wait for us rahal patients at the 1 year mark since there are a few on this forum who have had ops at similar times...the true comparisons for us will be the real decider!

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

Yeah Eman, those are looking awesome. I'm really liking the way the scar came out. You really cant make it out at all when you buzz down.

That gives me a lot of hope

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

hey dude, looking really good, the temples are coming in really nicely, big improvement in a month, the scar looks like a moot issue, in a few months you will completely forget about that. hopefully we will be seeing some results over next few months, i am excited as you are , can't wait, the last 3 months have been long!!!!! cheers and we will chat soon. i will get a few pics up this week, but pretty much where you are i think, keep the faith man

tommy

THANKS GUYS for all the great comments!!

Sorry that I haven't been around...holidays, family and all.

I look at the pictures and to be honest I feel that they are a lot harsher than real life. But I also am not able to walk around and look at my head?! My family made comments tonight that they are starting to see a hairline...again they do not know and only think I just began taking finasteride and minoxidil three months ago.

Another quick and funny story, I told my fam about a friend having dental work done who friends called "summer" teeth (some are here and some are there-get it?). So, anyway my dad says it looks like I have "summer" hair--which I thought was hilarious. And my sisters came up with the verb with what is going on on top of my head as "hairing". So everyone, I am officially "hairing"!!

Thanks ez, looking forward to each month coming up!! Looking forward to your updates ez!

Thana- how are you feeling about your status buddy?

Max, thanks for the comments...hats are almost completely gone (except for the gym) and I think the framing of the face is beginning.

Readyforchange- we should meet up for a cold winter brew if you have time or are getting stir crazy. I will be your crystal ball to what you have to look forward to.

Azza- I love having the group of Rahal patients who all had surgery about the same time and will need a group shot in a year.

Dab- cannot wait until summer...with hair

Sace- I will be buzzing down again right after a wedding this weekend. I may try a full #2-clip, not simply blending with the #2.

tommy- looking forward to your updates. did you get my PM?

Mr.GQ- thanks, I really appreciate it!!!

My initial HT thread:

Eman,

I know you said that you still see signs of shock loss, but they don't appear to be showing in the photos as far as i can tell. I expect that any shocked hair will return in the next few weeks/months.

You're looking just like I'd expect you would at this point. The pimples are annoying, but a good sign of growth to come.

Prepare for some exciting progress the next few months.

All the Best and Happy New Year,

Bill

Eman,

Looking real good. I can not wait to see your 4,5 and 6 month updates. Very encouraging. I am ready to get mine done with Dr Rahal now but unfortuaately I have to wait one month (scheduled for feb. 2nd). Adrian probably thinks I am a kook considering how many times I have already called him with questions.

Hi Eman,

Well the next few months should be really nice for you. Those little sprouties will become full fledged weeds :-). Look forward to seeing your results. Looks like you had a little of the Jason Statham look going on to start with so you already had a good look going and this should give you some nice options with the dooo.

Thanks roy- I am egging the sprouties to really come out in force.

Bill- I agree with you and only hope to grow faster now...

head- I actually got a new clipper from the folks for Christmas and the #3-clip is about what my old #2 is. I have New Year's tomorrow and a wedding saturday...UGH!! Scar is evident.

Clint- I too am looking forward to each month to come. And don't worry, Adrian thinks I am a nut too!

flyby- maybe I should of left good enough alone, but my dome is much larger than jason's!!

My initial HT thread:

sprouties!

I definitely see them. Happy growth in the next few coming months, obviously it has just started so any indication of the final result is uncertain.

I look forward to seeing you in 1-2 months :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Originally posted by Eman:

3. The scar- I have been applying vitamin e oil about three times a week to help with healing and it feels good too. It is not all that noticeable with the current haircut, but if you are seated and I am standing or you are a foot shorter than me and look up at the back of my head the scar is clearly noticeable when shaved down to a #2-clip.

Being over 6 feet myself, I get the same thing from shorter people. Have you thought about concealer for it? I almost bought some, but wasn't sure if it would actually work well.

Happy New Year HTN!!

I just added 7 new pics for the New Year. Like I stated in an earlier post, I shaved my head down with my new clippers I got for Christmas and I think that the #3-clip is more equivalent to my old #2. I did the shave down on Tuesday, the day before New Year's eve and was not pleased to be able to see the scar as I had a pre-party at my place last night and then have a wedding this saturday.

The pictures were taken today. Take a look at the profile shots...love them sprouties. The pic of the top looks more full when shaved (and dry), go figure. There are two poor quality pics looking up which shows how much the scar is visible. I am 6'4 and wanted to show you what people seated or shorter than me see.

Enjoy the chops I have grown!

My initial HT thread: