Dr. Konior or Dr. Nadimi - same or different

Hello All, I have been an avid reader of this forum for several years now and want to thank Melvin and the members whom have made me feel very informed on the process due to sharing their experiences.

I finally decided to get a FUE HT last year and I contacted Konior, Shapiro, Feriduni, Hasson and Bauman. I did not care for Shapiro and Baumans sales people. Feriduni never replied and Hassons sales person was very helpful and informative however Konior replied to me directly which I found important to me. As such I thought the best doctor for me would Konior in Chicago. Tbh I found his work to be the most natural looking. I also like that he does most of the work himself and uses techs minimally. 

However, covid hit a week after my decision and everything fell on the back burner. I recently reached out to Konior and he said he is booked till March 2021. However Dr. Nadimi in his office and appears to have trained under Konior would be available in half the time. 

Konior suggested 2500 grafts at $12 each and Nadimi 3000 grafts at $8 each.

Is it worth waiting the extra 6 months to have the HT with Dr. Konior or are Nadimi’s results on par with Konior? After all she trained under him. I mention the pice difference but I am not motivated by that. I want the best result.

• Administrators

I think they’re comparable. Although, Konior has more experience. I have been so impressed by Dr. Nadimi’s quality. I don’t believe there’s a difference in quality. However, I don’t know if she performs megasessions. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I've been to Dr.Konior twice, but I wouldn't hesitate to let Dr. Nadimi work on me.

I'm really glad she came along, just in case Dr. Konior retires(which I don't see happening anytime soon) before I need to go back.

I would wait, especially since money isn't an issue.

For the sake of 6 months you can either go with one of the very best in the world or someone who is (by all accounts) very good but not as experienced. Since you're making the effort to go to the office it seems like a missed opportunity if you don't choose Konior. 

Since Konior was the original plan, I think if you don't go with him then you'll always wonder "what if" - i.e. if Nadimi gives you a good result, would Konior have given you a great result etc.

....or maybe she's damn good too and it doesn't really matter either way. 

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I think they’re comparable. Although, Konior has more experience. I have been so impressed by Dr. Nadimi’s quality. I don’t believe there’s a difference in quality. However, I don’t know if she performs megasessions. 

You’re correct. She said she can do 2000 max and it would be a 2 day session

8 hours ago, ndubya said:

I've been to Dr.Konior twice, but I wouldn't hesitate to let Dr. Nadimi work on me.

I'm really glad she came along, just in case Dr. Konior retires(which I don't see happening anytime soon) before I need to go back.

Do you know if she is following his technique?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, baronempire said:

Do you know if she is following his technique?

She does follow his technique, he’s her mentor. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 hours ago, baronempire said:

Hello All, I have been an avid reader of this forum for several years now and want to thank Melvin and the members whom have made me feel very informed on the process due to sharing their experiences.

I finally decided to get a FUE HT last year and I contacted Konior, Shapiro, Feriduni, Hasson and Bauman. I did not care for Shapiro and Baumans sales people. Feriduni never replied and Hassons sales person was very helpful and informative however Konior replied to me directly which I found important to me. As such I thought the best doctor for me would Konior in Chicago. Tbh I found his work to be the most natural looking. I also like that he does most of the work himself and uses techs minimally. 

However, covid hit a week after my decision and everything fell on the back burner. I recently reached out to Konior and he said he is booked till March 2021. However Dr. Nadimi in his office and appears to have trained under Konior would be available in half the time. 

Is it worth waiting the extra 6 months to have the HT with Dr. Konior or are Nadimi’s results on par with Konior? After all she trained under him. I mention the pice difference but I am not motivated by that. I want the best result.

If you're looking in Chicago, you should look into @Dr. Vladimir Panine

He's an elite coalition member and highly recommended on here. His consults are free as well.

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 11:08 PM, baronempire said:

Hi,

I had a procedure with Dr. Konior four years ago and I cannot say enough good things about him. I'm pretty confident that anyone trained and endorsed by him would also do outstanding work. Dr. Nadimi's results are also outstanding.

It would absolutely be worth the wait for Konior. However, if you can't wait, you can't go wrong with Nadimi.

Good luck!

Edited by NM156