Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'nadimi'.
Found 3 results
Hi everyone, I have a procedure scheduled with Dr. Nadimi out of Dr. Konior's office on 7-20-18, so I'm about 60 days out from surgery. I intend on documenting it as well as I can. This forum has been a great source of information for me and I want to pass along the help by trying to document whatever I can about the experience, my progress and results. That being said, I'm going to try to post pictures at the major milestones, i.e., before, after, 2 weeks, 1 months, and then monthly beyond that. I'll start by providing my backgrounds, I'm a 37-year-old white male and I've been losing my hair for about 17 years. I'd put myself currently at a IV or V. I've been on minoxidil for about 10 years, maybe a little more and it's done a pretty good job I'd say. At Dr. Nadimi's urging, I began taking generic fin about 20 days ago. So far I don't believe I've experienced any sides and I haven't missed a day of taking it. I intend on taking it for about a year to see if or to what degree it helps. I've read quite a bit of information concerning the sides, but you typically only find posts blasting it, although I understand the sides only occur in a small number of individuals. Regardless, I try to put that out of my mind, and to focus on taking affirmative steps to combat my hair loss. My dad is probably about a NW VII, and my brothers were both headed in that direction, but they've both chosen to shave their heads. My dad's father had a pretty good head of hair into his 90's. I believe my mom's father was about a NW VII, but he passed away in his sixties. Regardless, I've decided that since I have the option to try to take action and improve my follicular situation, I've decided to do it. I met with Dr. Nadimi on March 5th, 2018 and I really enjoyed meeting with her. She was pretty blunt with her advice and recommended a 1500 graft FUE procedure. I believe Konior's office tries to limit their FUE procedures to 1500 grafts, but I've noticed they've harvested between 100 and 200 additional grafts if its available and time permits. If it's an option, I'll certainly encourage it because I definitely have some space to cover. I've taken about 15 days off of work, so between those days and the weekends, I'll have about 17 days (including the date of the procedure) to recover. I'll be working from home to the best of my ability, so my apartment will basically be my office. I believe I'll need at least one additional procedure, but my hope is that I respond well to the fin and it stabilizes the loss and - with any luck - thickens some of my miniaturized hair requiring fewer grafts down the line. Ultimately, I'll see the full results from the HT at a point when I'll have been on fin for about 18 months, so it'll give me a better sense of the next step. Regardless, I just wanted to put my procedure on interested parties' radar in case they're interested in following along as a source of info for anyone considering booking a procedure with Dr. Nadimi. Thanks.
Hi everyone, I just set a consult with Dr. Nadimi. I understand she works with Konior, but more affordable and wider availability. Interested in knowing if anyone has had experience with her or feedback. The line I keep reading is that if she works with Konior, that's kind of a stamp of approval, but I'm interested in doctor specific feedback. Please let me know! Thanks!
I am a 30 year old female who has been dealing with gradual hairloss since approx 2008. I have not yet seen any before/afters in regards to this type of hairloss, only full front where they are repairing hair lines in women. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am setting consults with surgeons at this point and will be completing necessary bloodwork, labs, physical as well. So far I have emailed for consults with Dr Konior and Dr Shapiro - I know they are both top of the line but are they good for these types? I originally received an email back from Dr Nadimi at Konior's office but was unfamiliar with her and couldn't find info on the web. Also, does anyone have a rough estimate on what I am looking at as far as grafts or even if this is surgically fixable?