When Can One Have BEER after a HT ?

What is the Consensus from Doctors and Experts here alike when can one start having something light like Beer after a Hair Transplant Procedure ?

How about 3 days Later ? Any repercussions of not getting good results of the HT Proecudre ?

Alcohol thins your blood which can effect your blood clotting capacity, leading to excessive bleeding during the surgery and in the immediate days after when healing. My doctor said no alcohol the week before and at least 3 days after. 

Different people with different doctors will be told different times,  depends on how cautious the doctor is in terms of having faith in his patients following instructions. Sometimes they will give an extra long period of time because they assume some of their patients will try to shortcut or slightly ignore an instruction.

The reality is no drinking a few days before and after should be fine, unless you are having some unusual healing or infection problems.

• Like 2

• Like 2

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators

I think waiting until he grafts shed is enough, then happy hour 🍻 😁

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, ciaus said:

Alcohol thins your blood which can effect your blood clotting capacity, leading to excessive bleeding during the surgery and in the immediate days after when healing. My doctor said no alcohol the week before and at least 3 days after. 

Exactly even my Doctor has advised not to take Alcohol only for 3 days not beyond that, and any ways I am taking here about having a very very mild Beer, that too at the most a Glass of two. I am not talking about Hard Drinks here with Higher Percentage of Alcohol in it. 

So I guess that will be ok ? Will it not ?

Edited by augustya

57 minutes ago, Kharmacoma said:

Your doctor gave you antibiotics and he advised you that it is ok to have a beer during this period? Are you sure about this? Who is your doctor? 😝

After 3 Days as the Duration of The Medicine is also for only 3 days.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, augustya said:

Exactly even my Doctor has advised not to take Alcohol only for 3 days not beyond that, and any ways I am taking here about having a very very mild Beer, that too at the most a Glass of two. I am not talking about Hard Drinks here with Higher Percentage of Alcohol in it. 

So I guess that will be ok ? Will it not ?

Yea if its been 3 days enjoy the weekend, a glass or two of beer is fine. 

Later tonight... :D

image.png.0ba0e0a2878694e09cd68f8ac71cce48.png

Edited by ciaus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ciaus said:

Yea if its been 3 days enjoy the weekend, a glass or two of beer is fine. 

Later tonight... :D

image.png.0ba0e0a2878694e09cd68f8ac71cce48.png

😂🤣

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.