How many grafts would you guys reccomend for my case? Maximum grafts in one session? Body/Beard hair transplant?

Hello guys, 

This is my first post in this forum, so here goes: I want to do a hair transplant and I've been contacting several clinics in Turkey and have been always getting an estimate of around 5000-6000 grafts to acheive good density. Do you guys think this amount is enough? Also, is it ok to transplant that many grafts in a single session or should it be done over multiple sessions. Finally, I also have a very thick beard and thick abdomen hair as well. Would it be possible to take some grafts from there for the purpose of adding thickness (but of course not as the main source of hair? 

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-15 at 22.50.23.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-15 at 22.50.09.jpeg

Firing from the hip ... I would say at least 4K FUT with the understanding that you will have a second procedure in the future, likely to reinforce the front a bit, vertex and crown. Other caveats include hoping on fin, minox, too. My advice doesn't apply to all surgeons, though, which is probably why you're hearing 5-6K; some surgeons can make 4K look like 6K. See my signature as an example.

Given your potential future hair loss, you need to play the long game, which is why I recommended FUT. If all goes well, you should be tapping into body hair by your third, maybe fourth procedure. Your donor and hair characteristics look solid. Good luck.

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• Administrators

I highly highly recommend going strip first. I’ll be releasing a video today, there was a study that showed combining strip and FUE gets around 3k grafts more than just doing FUE. You’re gonna need all the grafts you can get. Expect to be completely bald on top.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.