2 Month Angles

At 2 months is it normal for a few hairs to be grown but at very strong unusual angles? I seem to have a few hairs pointing out at mad angles and they won't go any other way for love or money. I just wonder is this a regular thing at this stage? I saw a post somewhere online that said at the 8 week stage that could just be a sign of the shaft lengthening and preparing to shed. The tips of these hairs are a little unusual too, they sort have a black tip on them, they look as if they've been singed, I assume maybe the odd tips are bulbs or something like that?

17 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Did the clinic get back to you for some reassurance? 

No. I asked Dr Barghouti here though, he said not to worry too much until it has grown to a length where different styles can be tried.

I'm curious to know if this is totally abnormal or not though. I'd like to hear from other transplant patients.

Had one of my singles at the front growing all weird at the 1.5 month mark but things have settled down now. Looking okay. Will settle down for you too. After the hairs grow a certain length they can be styled whichever way. 

Hope you're doing well. Stay calm and pay no heed to your hair till the 4 month mark. 

Also shout out to @DrTBarghouthi who is very quick to respond to anyone on this forum. Even though we may not be his patients he treats us like his own.

Very much appreciated. 

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Haddock said:

Had one of my singles at the front growing all weird at the 1.5 month mark but things have settled down now. Looking okay. Will settle down for you too. After the hairs grow a certain length they can be styled whichever way. 

Hope you're doing well. Stay calm and pay no heed to your hair till the 4 month mark. 

Man that is good to hear. Thanks for dropping in to let me know. I would say about 10 hairs are growing crazy for me and they are all singles at the hairline. The angles are just so strong, like they are vertical and even water doesn't press them down, they look so crazy. I'll try and clear my mind until at least month 4.

Honestly though its good to know thar you noticed similar discrepancies too. I'd be utterly heartbroken if things didn't work out well.

I hope you are keeping well yourself buddy.

2 hours ago, Rossybop said:

At 2 months is it normal for a few hairs to be grown but at very strong unusual angles? I seem to have a few hairs pointing out at mad angles and they won't go any other way for love or money. I just wonder is this a regular thing at this stage? I saw a post somewhere online that said at the 8 week stage that could just be a sign of the shaft lengthening and preparing to shed. The tips of these hairs are a little unusual too, they sort have a black tip on them, they look as if they've been singed, I assume maybe the odd tips are bulbs or something like that?

Mine is the same mate. They were all implanted at the same angle but a few have grown against the grain, I guess it's all part of the process. Also the black blobs at the end seem to be where the hair was connected before it shed. All of mine have grown that way after shedding but I've trimmed a few times now so most are gone. Hope this helps, all growth is growth! 

PXL_20210213_215901512.thumb.jpg.0de4b317f4f85a9a5bb163124ec3ed59.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Richie888 said:

Mine is the same mate. They were all implanted at the same angle but a few have grown against the grain, I guess it's all part of the process. Also the black blobs at the end seem to be where the hair was connected before it shed. All of mine have grown that way after shedding but I've trimmed a few times now so most are gone. Hope this helps, all growth is growth! 

PXL_20210213_215901512.thumb.jpg.0de4b317f4f85a9a5bb163124ec3ed59.jpg

Mate thanks so much for your input and for that excellent photo. Those black tips are exactly what I'm experiencing. 

It is comforting to know that yours are also going against the grain because this makes me feel like it is perhaps a common phenomenon, and therefore hopefully the hair will fall flat with some extra time.

Mine were implanted to grow slightly to the left, and I assume down my forehead, but there's a few pointing outwards at a 90/100/120 degree angle, like pointing up towards the roof, and some growing too far to the left. A few are growing down my forehead though which is what I want. Its a bit mad looking lol.

Interesting theory on the black blobs. I haven't trimmed mine yet and probably won't for a while. I can see one of your blobbed hairs curling though, some of mine are also curling like that. A lot of my hairs shed in the first few weeks, but some didn't.

Thanks again for your input bro. I'd be interested in seeing your transplant story, I can't find it on your page...

• Like 1