Tips for safe sleeping during the first week after hair transplant

Hi guys,

I am scared of your the idea of missing up my grafts by scratching them, putting my hand on head while sleeping , etc.  I plan to sleep elevated and use a traveller pillow to avoid rotating to my side.

Any recommendation esp for the first few nights when grafts are not yet secure?  I actually read that someone here tied their hands (bondage style? Lol)  beforev going to bed. I would be more than willing to do that but  unfortunately, i will be solo so this is not an option for me. 

any other ideas? 

Edited by hakona

• hakona changed the title to Tips for safe sleeping during the first week after hair transplant
  • Moderators

I slept in a recliner chair with a neck/travel pillow and that really helped. Someone mentioned sleeping with your arms inside a T-shirt rather than tied which sounds like a good option if you are afraid you may scratch your grafts.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

V shaped pillow off Amazon and tied my hands using belt of dressing gown. Quite easily do it yourself, I did. Tie one hand, pass it around your back and leave enough slack so you can move you arms but not reach your noggin. Won't cut into you like string and if you do try and scratch the pulling of the belt usually woke me up. Good luck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1