Covid and hair transplantion

Hi all,

Curious if anyone has done any research on the effects covid may have during/after a hair transplant? Not be alarmist, but I read a report in Lancet that showed really poor health outcomes for people who had surgery while having/getting covid. I realize the sample population could be skewing the outcomes, so I'm hoping there's more information out there. 

My concern is that hair transplantion is a sort of trauma and if one were unlucky enough to get/have covid, bad outcomes (everything from slower healing to worse covid symptoms) would be more likely. 

I also realize that this would extend to any kind of virus, like getting the flu during surgery wouldn't be good either...

2 hours ago, mrshikadance said:

I also realize that this would extend to any kind of virus, like getting the flu during surgery wouldn't be good either...

You’ve pretty much answered your own question here. 

On the day of surgery, not being in peak health for a variety of reasons could potentially impact upon the success of the transplant - I suggest that it is highly unlikely this is a concern solely limited to just Covid-19. 

• Administrators

I had covid in October, I didn’t notice any effects on my hair transplant at all. Covid seems to be an illness people are blaming everything on. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

There was a member on here who has a  post and he mentioned that he works at a hospital and caught Covid I think a few weeks post surgery. He has since posted results and he seemed to have progressed well. Maybe someone can share the post.