2200 grafts FUE 9 months Results

BBBhair

Hey guys,

I had FUE procedure about 9 months for a total of 2200 grafts. I had the procedure done with a prominent surgeon here on the west coast (not California) Does it look like a botched procedure? I’ve uploaded some pics pre-op and some most recent pics. The hair in the front is still pretty fine and haven’t seen much improvement over the last three months. There is not much density and can still see my scalp under light

4B16D2A5-DD8A-4AAE-8902-7965BFEE4C84.jpeg

B10C0FAA-DC89-486C-89AB-1DE27D7ED2B4.jpeg

BAC55A76-FAC4-46DA-8C0E-0360283D2FD4.jpeg

3938FCBC-EA16-4E32-9751-479A4AA23ABE.jpeg

821CFBA0-688D-4E26-8B70-57FCC6317512.jpeg

27DAC952-DE1F-411D-9666-9FFBD005C6B0.jpeg

877A6A54-599B-410B-9A08-E7E8362AC28D.jpeg

B9673B52-187D-465E-BBF5-6E0B72E93C21.jpeg

E4FB3B06-167C-4435-9CCB-DBFF6F965153.jpeg

81BAF778-DB55-45A0-B32F-328071D1BABD.jpeg

Edited by BBBhair

• BBBhair changed the title to 2200 grafts FUE 9 months Results
41 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

As of now I don’t think enough density has come in, you may be a slow grower and things could still pick up. Post again in 12, would be interested to see how it improves 

That’s what I’m hoping. The hair is still fine/ weak and looks squiggly in a way. But also very worries this is the final result as I haven’t seen much improvement the last couple of months

39 minutes ago, BBBhair said:

That’s what I’m hoping. The hair is still fine/ weak and looks squiggly in a way. But also very worries this is the final result as I haven’t seen much improvement the last couple of months

I hope you understand that I’m just trying to give you an honest opinion and not trying to batter you, cuz i could imagine how it must feel. Looking at your post op photos, it doesn’t look like a very high density was achieved in the first place. The grafts look to me to be in the 30-40cm^2 range. I think you’re still in for hair thickening, and you likely will see improvement. However, in the case that tbis isn’t completely to your satisfaction in terms of density.. you’re not in a bad situation at all for a touch up to add more. It all depends on the discussion of expectation you had with your doctor before hand, because they may have had to be conservative as a result of the extent of your loss and/or your donor management. 

give it 3 more months and assess again. You’re not out of options at this point by no means 

Sorry to have to say, but this does not look like very good work imho. The density implanted isn’t enough. Yes it can improve for the next few months, But not to the level that is required. I really think you will need to seek another ht at the of the 12 months. I would look elsewhere for a better clinic/Dr who can refine what you have had done. For now all you can do is wait and keep updating us. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

I hope you understand that I’m just trying to give you an honest opinion and not trying to batter you, cuz i could imagine how it must feel. Looking at your post op photos, it doesn’t look like a very high density was achieved in the first place. The grafts look to me to be in the 30-40cm^2 range. I think you’re still in for hair thickening, and you likely will see improvement. However, in the case that tbis isn’t completely to your satisfaction in terms of density.. you’re not in a bad situation at all for a touch up to add more. It all depends on the discussion of expectation you had with your doctor before hand, because they may have had to be conservative as a result of the extent of your loss and/or your donor management. 

give it 3 more months and assess again. You’re not out of options at this point by no means 

Thank you for your honest opinion. I hope I do see some density come over the last 3 months. But the expectation was that I was going to have better results then this for the price I paid. Should I hop on oral minoxidil? 

4 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Sorry to have to say, but this does not look like very good work imho. The density implanted isn’t enough. Yes it can improve for the next few months, But not to the level that is required. I really think you will need to seek another ht at the of the 12 months. I would look elsewhere for a better clinic/Dr who can refine what you have had done. For now all you can do is wait and keep updating us. 

Thank you for your honest opinion. And to answer your early question, yes it was with dr. Harris

Just now, BBBhair said:

Thank you for your honest opinion. And to answer your early question, yes it was with dr. Harris

I thought as much. And I’m not particularly impressed with his current work tbh. I have seen a few poor cases. What are your plans after the 12 months have passed ? 

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

I thought as much. And I’m not particularly impressed with his current work tbh. I have seen a few poor cases. What are your plans after the 12 months have passed ? 

Edited by BBBhair

2 hours ago, BBBhair said:

Thank you for your honest opinion. I hope I do see some density come over the last 3 months. But the expectation was that I was going to have better results then this for the price I paid. Should I hop on oral minoxidil? 

Are you on finasteride? I would give oral min a try, recently some positive studies have come out over its efficacy and safety at low dose. Maybe try 2.5mg and work up to 5. I haven’t tried it yet, will soon, but there are other members on here are on and have written about it. My advice would be to measure your blood pressure at home, (you could buy a monitor for cheap if you don’t have one, and I believe everyone should have one anyway).. and record your pressure two or three times a day for say 3 weeks to get a good average. When you’re on oral min, it will help you track it then to understand how it might be effecting you. 

33 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Are you on finasteride? I would give oral min a try, recently some positive studies have come out over its efficacy and safety at low dose. Maybe try 2.5mg and work up to 5. I haven’t tried it yet, will soon, but there are other members on here are on and have written about it. My advice would be to measure your blood pressure at home, (you could buy a monitor for cheap if you don’t have one, and I believe everyone should have one anyway).. and record your pressure two or three times a day for say 3 weeks to get a good average. When you’re on oral min, it will help you track it then to understand how it might be effecting you. 

Yea I’ve been on finasteride  for a couple of years now. I have a prescription for 2.5mg but start at at 1.25. I will get the blood pressure monitor thanks for the tip.

Edited by BBBhair

• Administrators

I don’t think it looks bad, could it be denser? Yes. But that’s true for almost every hair transplant. At this point, it’s probably not gonna grow much more, but it will mature and get thicker in the next 6 months. I’d wait till 12 months to re-evaluate, but definitely let your surgeon know you’re unhappy at the moment. Best to keep surgeons in the loop. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.