Female Thinning Hair . . . Any recommendations for best physician in the NY tri-state area

Nervous2017

I'm in my late 50s with female thinning hair.  I've see one NY physician and he recommended 1800 FUT.  This made my kinda nervous when he explained the length of the incision on the backside of my scalp.  I have two other consults for a second and third opinion.  Can anyone recommend a physician?  Anyone has experience with Feller & Bloxham or Bernstein.

Just now, Nervous2017 said:

Do you have experience with undergoing an FUT?

I had x2 FUT, over 10 years ago in the uk. I would definitely consider consulting with at least one other clinic. Have you seen the forums recommended list?

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

• Like 1

• Administrators

Both Bloxham and Bernstein are great choices. Dr. Shaver is a good choice as well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I just had a FUT procedure with Dr. Bloxham back in November. It's turned out really well (incision wise. still waiting for growth)

I would think a lot of doctors will recommend FUT for you, since you are a woman and FUTs are easy to hide with women's hair, assuming you wear it longer.

• Like 2

• Moderators

FUT is usually preferred by women because it doesn't require shaving the entire donor area and the strip scar can be easily hidden since nearly all women will never cut their hair so short that the scar will show. I think Dr Bloxham requires shaving the recipient area, but I don't know whether Dr Bernstein does. You may want to check out True & Dorin in NY as they don't require shaving the recipient area.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

In my opinion, FUT should really be the only option for women. You have to shave the back and sides of your scalp for FUE, so unless you want to look like this choose FUT.

image.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

In the Uk a lot of my female friends have bald fade cuts. But that’s also mostly younger ladies. I don’t see older age groups rocking these. 
FUT is preferred and more usual for sure. But FUE is also a possibility for some. Depends on the individual. 

Edited by JohnAC71

• 1 month later...

Is your loss concentrated or is it more diffuse? Depending you might want to consider scalp micropigmentation SMP, it can fill in the gaps somewhat and avoid surgery. Whatever your decision I wish you luck. 

• 10 months later...
  • Administrators
11 hours ago, Rolo said:

Do you have diffuse hair loss?  I also am female considering this and was thinking between bernstein or wesley.  

Take a look at our full recommendations 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/NY/New York

View my thread