Is it safe enough to go to clinics now?

• Administrators

It’s been safe, clinics are 100x safer than going to the grocery store. Employees are regularly screened, it’s a controlled environment.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

I think it’s safe to go to clinics now yes. Another thing entirely if we can travel to them ! 
Decent clinics will have many things in place to reduce the risk of covid too. 

Thats the thing I'm worried about, the travel restrictions on flights that discourage people from traveling. Its certain they have that 14 day quarantine in place in many countries. I dont know how that works exactly, if they put you in a special hotel or you self-quarantine then report to someone that youre good to walk around in their country.

5 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Where are you based ? And which clinics are you looking at ? Thanks 🙏

In USA. Been looking at clinics in europe and canada.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RandoBrando517 said:

I’ve been thinking the same thing, how safe is it right now to get an HT. I’m working remotely so it feels like the best time to do it.

If I was going local (Uk) I would have no issues. These clinics are safe as possible. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

Traveling is one issue yes, but vaccines have rolled out, and should be made public in a few months. I do not foresee traveling being an issue by summer. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

Traveling is one issue yes, but vaccines have rolled out, and should be made public in a few months. I do not foresee traveling being an issue by summer. 

I have had the vaccine already and hope it will help with travelling. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

If you’ve had it, they will not make you quarantine. 

View my thread

Clinics are safe if proper measures are taken. For example, We perform a pcr test on the patient 24 hours prior to the procedure. As staff, we test every 7-10 days. Ofcourse the other given precautions are in place. 

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

13 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

I’m not sure of the quarantine for USA, or going to the counties you mentioned. I’m  in the Uk and am willing to wait until travel is possible again. I have had the vaccine and hope that will help me travel at some point. 

hello john.. im in the same boat and clueless as to what rules regs for us in uk we have to do to travel and of course coming back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blower said:

hello john.. im in the same boat and clueless as to what rules regs for us in uk we have to do to travel and of course coming back

I’m ok on the uk rules and regs, they can be found on the gov.uk website under travel. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blower said:

My issue is actually getting entry in to my chosen clinic in India. It’s just not possible at present. I’m hoping it will change later this year. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

I’m ok on the uk rules and regs, they can be found on the gov.uk website under travel. 

ok i will have to have a look..ideally wanted it to be mid april to go back out. not had my vaccine though lol...im asthmatic at 45 years old so might get it sooner than some though the vaccine..   yes i think India is a tougher one for us to enter due to covid i think?

7 hours ago, Blower said:

ok i will have to have a look..ideally wanted it to be mid april to go back out. not had my vaccine though lol...im asthmatic at 45 years old so might get it sooner than some though the vaccine..   yes i think India is a tougher one for us to enter due to covid i think?

You need that vax since you have an underlying condition which covid can make horrifically worse.

It depends on the part of india youre going to actually. I think youre good.

On 2/4/2021 at 12:15 PM, JohnAC71 said:

I’m not sure of the quarantine for USA, or going to the counties you mentioned. I’m  in the Uk and am willing to wait until travel is possible again. I have had the vaccine and hope that will help me travel at some point. 

I think its the usual 14 day stay at home order when you set foot in another country.

On 2/4/2021 at 12:34 PM, RandoBrando517 said:

I’ve been thinking the same thing, how safe is it right now to get an HT. I’m working remotely so it feels like the best time to do it.

People think its not the right time for that.

On 2/4/2021 at 12:41 PM, JohnAC71 said:

I'm trying to get vax but its a little tough to get in my neck of the woods.

On 2/4/2021 at 1:03 PM, JohnAC71 said:

Yes but I still can’t get in to India 😆

What clinic in india were you thinking of going to?

On 2/4/2021 at 7:00 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Clinics are safe if proper measures are taken. For example, We perform a pcr test on the patient 24 hours prior to the procedure. As staff, we test every 7-10 days. Ofcourse the other given precautions are in place. 

But what if the patient is an ht tourist. How do your procedures revolve around him?

On 2/5/2021 at 4:06 AM, JohnAC71 said:

Will look that up. I'm sure other euro countries have similar regs.

On 2/5/2021 at 4:21 AM, JohnAC71 said:

My issue is actually getting entry in to my chosen clinic in India. It’s just not possible at present. I’m hoping it will change later this year. 

Which clinic and what part of india?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deanro said:

You need that vax since you have an underlying condition which covid can make horrifically worse.

It depends on the part of india youre going to actually. I think youre good.

I think its the usual 14 day stay at home order when you set foot in another country.

People think its not the right time for that.

I'm trying to get vax but its a little tough to get in my neck of the woods.

What clinic in india were you thinking of going to?

But what if the patient is an ht tourist. How do your procedures revolve around him?

Will look that up. I'm sure other euro countries have similar regs.

Which clinic and what part of india?

Tourists coming in will usually have a pcr on arrival to the country and one prior to travel from their country. Therefore they would usually have two within 48-72 hours. If they test negative upon arrival then we currently have no mandatory quarantine. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

@deanro I am waiting for travel to become easier, I’m happy to wait to be honest. My need isn’t exactly urgent. It’s Eugenix I’m waiting for. For me travel to India from the Uk just isn’t possible right now.

My 2nd jab will happen soon, it’s easier for me to get because I work as a Mental Health Nurse. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Tourists coming in will usually have a pcr on arrival to the country and one prior to travel from their country. Therefore they would usually have two within 48-72 hours. If they test negative upon arrival then we currently have no mandatory quarantine. 

Hi there. To whom are you referring as "we?"

22 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

@deanro I am waiting for travel to become easier, I’m happy to wait to be honest. My need isn’t exactly urgent. It’s Eugenix I’m waiting for. For me travel to India from the Uk just isn’t possible right now.

My 2nd jab will happen soon, it’s easier for me to get because I work as a Mental Health Nurse. 

I've looked at eugenix and its tricky. Just so you know if your hair isnt as thick as indian hair, italian or middle eastern hair you might have a vastly different result than the one you expect. Not trying to discourage you. But the best candidates with straight hair are those I've mentioned which arent caucasian. Transplanted dark and blondish hair on white skin dont mix that well unfortunately.

Just research and think about this heavily before shelling out thousands of dollars that you might later regret.

Did the clinic tell you how many grafts you should get? How much are they charging you?

1 minute ago, deanro said:

Hi there. To whom are you referring as "we?"

I've looked at eugenix and its tricky. Just so you know if your hair isnt as thick as indian hair, italian or middle eastern hair you might have a vastly different result than the one you expect. Not trying to discourage you. But the best candidates with straight hair are those I've mentioned which arent caucasian. Transplanted dark and blondish hair on white skin dont mix that well unfortunately.

Just research and think about this heavily before shelling out thousands of dollars that you might later regret.

Did the clinic tell you how many grafts you should get? How much are they charging you?

I have had multiple hts already. X2 FUT and X3 FUE first over 10 years ago. I have extensive knowledge of most clinics/Drs throughout the world. For me i just need to add some density to my mid scalp via BHT. Eugenix are pretty much doing the best BHT in the world. And yes luckily for me I’m of Italian descent 🤩

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I have had multiple hts already. X2 FUT and X3 FUE first over 10 years ago. I have extensive knowledge of most clinics/Drs throughout the world. For me i just need to add some density to my mid scalp via BHT. Eugenix are pretty much doing the best BHT in the world. And yes luckily for me I’m of Italian descent 🤩

Hey sounds very good. So youre doing a BHT this time. Show us some pics mate.

I think I'll be seeing Couto for my next ht. But the risk to covid is driving me nuts. Couto is simply the best in the world.

And as a lot of high Norwoods my beard is very thick. Most consultations have estimated up to 3000-4000 grafts can be taken. I have been waiting a few years though to pull the trigger. Mostly because my beard has turned grey but my scalp has not.

With regards to pricing Eugenix have a tiered pricing system in place depending on which Dr is involved. 

2 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

And as a lot of high Norwoods my beard is very thick. Most consultations have estimated up to 3000-4000 grafts can be taken. I have been waiting a few years though to pull the trigger. Mostly because my beard has turned grey but my scalp has not.

With regards to pricing Eugenix have a tiered pricing system in place depending on which Dr is involved. 

Very good that youve done your research.

Which doctor in the eugenix clinic is well known as the best?