Fixing my FUE leftovers

Hey guys, I am not a good story teller so I will keep it short. I made a mistake of doing a hair transplant in my hometown without any research. I was totally taken advantage off and I am left with some marks which I want to remove.

The procedure was a failure, most of the hair didn't stay in place and I am left with scars both in donor and recipient area. Its been 4 years since procedure when I decided to shave my head to check the damage that I've done to myself. I am looking for someone with a similar case who managed to fix those issues. I am wondering if the recipient scarring is fixable? What about donor scarring, are there people who managed to maintain SMP in FUE scars for a longer period of time? 

2.png

3.png

4.png

• Administrators

Honestly, I think the scars look amazing. Very hard to see, now @Gatsby would definitely be of help, he had some FUT scars that he had fixed by smp. Any reason why you’ve decided to shave and not fix? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

What about the recipient scarring? I can't find any examples of people dealing with scars like that. I wonder what I can do.

My HT decision wasn't thought through... It came out that I actually look OK with a shaved head and besides that the whole procedure left me with a trauma which I don't want repeat ever again. I want to fix whats left and try to live with this.

• Sad 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, mmmvpn said:

What about the recipient scarring? I can't find any examples of people dealing with scars like that. I wonder what I can do.

My HT decision wasn't thought through... It came out that I actually look OK with a shaved head and besides that the whole procedure left me with a trauma which I don't want repeat ever again. I want to fix whats left and try to live with this.

We are our own worst critics, I don’t see any issues with your recipient. If you shave it, it should look normal. Do you have pictures of the top shaved?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

By repairing you mean if you can implant new grafts in those areas again?

Probably yes.

Usually FUT scars leave much less damage to the donor compare to FUE scars by amateurish procedure, please show us your donor.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Valued Contributor

@mmmvpn which way are you hoping to go with this? If you could repair the recipient area with more grafts would you prefer to keep your hair? Or do now want to shave your head because that is the look you want? Both are achievable (depending on your donor if you are going for hair). I have some butchered scars (both in the donor and a strip scar in the recipient area) that I have had camouflaged with SMP.

@Gatsby I don't want to keep my hair, I am on fin and minox and I still lose my hair so it's a lost game for me. By repair I mean make the skin look better on recipient by some procedures like laser resurfacing and SMP on donor.

I am concerned about SMP, something seems sketchy about this... Lots of marketing and misinformation, every clinic has a different description - magic inks, fading time, no chances of blue color etc. Additionally I feel like there is a lack of people testimonials maintaining it long term (except you, maybe I'm looking in wrong places). This is crucial in my case, considering at the moment it's my only way to go with donor scars, there is no scar / baldness fix on the horizon so I have to consider it long term. 

• Valued Contributor

mmmvpn look up Caitlin James and SMPAustralia. I'm flying to Adelaide for a 4 year touch up this Friday and will upload some pics. Message her and ask her for some reputable SMP artists close to you. Like I always say approach SMP as you would a hair transplant surgeon. All the best.

• 8 months later...

Hi I'm myself seem to have some similar marks as the ones you have shown in the pictures, like you I have also decided to to start shaving my head and be done with HTs . I thought the redness was from shaving and the hair trying to break back through the skin. Is the redness you have there constant or just after shaving? I also have some light scarring on the donor area which is inevitable, and although I went to a reputable surgeon they failed to mention anything regarding scarring. None of this was an issue until I decided to start shaving my head with a razor and now now as you know yourself it has begun to bother me. Did you find any solutions for yours in the end? I thought that may be electrolysis to remove the transplanted hairs might stop the redness?