Back and Arm Hair ?

5 minutes ago, Blower said:

ive had two sessions on my beard taken.., can cannot see any scarring..

i have had one session on my chest and can see scarring there ie. the white dots.. i assume on the chest a bigger punch is used.

This is music to my ears 🤩 🙏

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

This is music to my ears 🤩 🙏

i haves still got one thorough good session left on my beard to take the lot.although i would like them to go slightly  higher onto bottom of chin and cheek bone just to make sure get a good amount of grafts,,,as my crown needs over 2k grafts really.

Edited by Blower
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blower said:

i haves still got one thorough good session left on my beard to take the lot.although i would like them to go slightly  higher onto bottom of chin and cheek bone just to make sure get a good amount of grafts,,,as my crown needs over 2k grafts really.

I would quite happily exhaust as much of my under chin area as possible. It’s all for the greater good 😌 

• Like 1

from the beard yes..its a very good source i think for hairs.density etc.,like they say singles but mixed in works well.there is plenty can be taken from the beard its a big area so for high norwoods like me its perfect ..

most ive talked to surgeons not that keen on chest hair survival rate wise. though my chest hair is not dense either in numbers compared to other men with chest hair,so i have limited numbers chest hair

Edited by Blower

to be fair mate im not quite sure lol... ive not over analyzed it..say what has been put on my crown from my last op last July..they have all taken and spouted i had no hair there at all,now have some,, ie mostly the crown work chest and beard

Lots of good information here, thank you.  What are the growth phases and survival rates of these body hair locations ?

Even if they survive, if they are 'resting' it may not make much of a difference.  And how does this compare to scalp hair ?

• Moderators
On 2/10/2021 at 4:21 PM, kramer79 said:

What was the survival rate? Did it make a decent aesthetic impact?

Ive had a mix of beard and chest hair, so it's difficult to say how well the beard hair has grown vs how well the chest hair has grown. My guess and my feeling is that the beard hair has had a better survival rate. The last session I had last month was all chest hair (actually abdomen hair), so I may be able to get a better idea of how well that hair grows in another 6 months or so, but even then it's all transplanted in between existing hair, so it may still be hard to really know. Overall there's definitely been improvement and several people have commented on my hair recently asking if my hair is growing back or what I've been doing to make my hair grow back in.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

12 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Ive had a mix of beard and chest hair, so it's difficult to say how well the beard hair has grown vs how well the chest hair has grown. My guess and my feeling is that the beard hair has had a better survival rate. The last session I had last month was all chest hair (actually abdomen hair), so I may be able to get a better idea of how well that hair grows in another 6 months or so, but even then it's all transplanted in between existing hair, so it may still be hard to really know. Overall there's definitely been improvement and several people have commented on my hair recently asking if my hair is growing back or what I've been doing to make my hair grow back in.

interesting using abdomen hair,ive got loads wish they would use lol

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

I’m sure higher Norwoods have hair literally everywhere else apart from their scalp ! 😂

arghhh yes mate seems to be the case... i just need few more thousand or even one thousand to get better hairline.. but nowt left now lol. though its getting shaved anyways ie just a buzz cut like number 2 once all work is done...so not too fussed if donor area looks empty..

• Thanks 1