Dr. John Diep - 3,619 grafts FUT

Aurelius

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

Thanks! I'm glad to hear about the scar after your second session. I'm curious how your overall recovery after second session is comparing to your first? And I did the same thing - I got back to exercise fairly quickly since 1) I was going crazy and gaining weight just sitting around watching hair slowly grow and 2) my hair grows a lot faster when I exercise and I figure the blood flow is good for general recovery. That said, I tried my best to stick to cardio low impact. I'm not unhappy with my scar but I can't claim that my exercise did not make it larger. Depending on what I can glean from this forum, I may dial exercise back a bit if I opt for FUT. Thanks again.

Did you take pictures each month? I’d be curious to see how your hair looked at months 3,4,5, and 6. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I’m fascinated by this steroid shot I keep hearing about. I had my second fut 10 days ago and I remember leaving the office high as a bird and I remember Dr Diep say “we are gonna give you steroid shot buddy” I have my apt for stitch removal on 2/2. Maybe he can give me a few steroid shots in my pec and shoulders as well since summer is coming! Jk 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Skyb said:

I’m fascinated by this steroid shot I keep hearing about. I had my second fut 10 days ago and I remember leaving the office high as a bird and I remember Dr Diep say “we are gonna give you steroid shot buddy” I have my apt for stitch removal on 2/2. Maybe he can give me a few steroid shots in my pec and shoulders as well since summer is coming! Jk 

🤣🤣🤣

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Melvin if this is the best time to get a hair transplant. Being that everything is closed including the gyms the temptation is not going to drive me nuts. Most Dr say resume exercise rafter 2-4 weeks but that’s bs. If your doing heavy squats, dead lifts and bench press it’s best to wait 6 - 12 months. Even though my scar stretched I could still wear my hair as low as a 3 guard.  Being this is my second I don’t want to take any chances so I’m taking all the right measures. I must say I have very little discomfort. Dr Diep did a great job 

5 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Did you take pictures each month? I’d be curious to see how your hair looked at months 3,4,5, and 6. 

Yes, please see my original post.  The last seven pictures are of months 2,3,4,5,7,9,9 respectively. I couldn't find 6 and 8.

• Like 1

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

Yes, please see my original post.  The last seven pictures are of months 2,3,4,5,7,9,9 respectively. I couldn't find 6 and 8.

Must’ve missed it, awesome man what a transformation. Your thread honestly makes me think maybe I should’ve chosen FUT

View my thread

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2021 at 9:21 AM, js2020 said:

Would it be possible for 1 year update?  Any pictures, back of the head/FUT scar still feeling good?  Updates or issues with setting up the 2nd HT with MTHA?

Funny you should ask! My second FUT procedure with Dr. Diep was scheduled for Oct-21 but the clinic messaged me about a cancellation (and I called them back within 10 minutes).

I just had my crown done yesterday (13 months after my first procedure). I'll plan to chronicle my progress every month.

The second procedure was for 2,500 grafts - I don't know the exact count yet. Please keep in mind that these are pictures from yesterday so they are a little raw. I'm EXTREMELY pleased with the scar stitching. I slept surprisingly well last night and worked normally all day today. I've read that crown area often don't thicken up as much as the front area so I keep my expectations low and hope that they will be met or beat in the next few months :)

IMG_1174 2.jpg

IMG_1188 2.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Aurelius said:

Funny you should ask! My second FUT procedure with Dr. Diep was scheduled for Oct-21 but the clinic messaged me about a cancellation (and I called them back within 10 minutes).

I just had my crown done yesterday (13 months after my first procedure). I'll plan to chronicle my progress every month.

The second procedure was for 2,500 grafts - I don't know the exact count yet. Please keep in mind that these are pictures from yesterday so they are a little raw. I'm EXTREMELY pleased with the scar stitching. I slept surprisingly well last night and worked normally all day today. I've read that crown area often don't thicken up as much as the front area so I keep my expectations low and hope that they will be met or beat in the next few months :)

IMG_1174 2.jpg

IMG_1188 2.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

You’re one of the guys that make me second guess going FUE.

View my thread

Bro you’re going to look incredible when that crown fills in. I’m on my 3rd month of my fut with Dr Diep total of 8 thousand grafts! Surprisingly my scar looks thinner and the recovery is smooth. Can’t wait to see your results come in

Thanks for the update! Right after the procedure too; that must some good sleep.  I don't see the other FUT scar, so did they cut along the old FUT and tightened it more? How does your back of the head feel compared to the first procedure (a lot more tighteness)?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Skyb said:

Bro you’re going to look incredible when that crown fills in. I’m on my 3rd month of my fut with Dr Diep total of 8 thousand grafts! Surprisingly my scar looks thinner and the recovery is smooth. Can’t wait to see your results come in

It looks like my response did not get posted, thank you for the positive encouragement :)  It's great to hear about successful multiple FUT

• Like 1

4 hours ago, js2020 said:

Thanks for the update! Right after the procedure too; that must some good sleep.  I don't see the other FUT scar, so did they cut along the old FUT and tightened it more? How does your back of the head feel compared to the first procedure (a lot more tighteness)?

Another decent night sleep last night. Actually zero bleeding on pillow cover - the stitching is excellent. I believe the FUT strip was taken on either side of the old scar since there is definitely only one line at the new incision. It does not feel any tighter than a year ago, same complete numbness above incision which was expected. Numbness from last year's procedure felt about 85% recovered (estimating) and I suspect that there could be some underlying nerves still not fully recovered that has reduced 2nd procedure pain. Curious if any one else with multiple FUT procedures noticed this.

7 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

Another decent night sleep last night. Actually zero bleeding on pillow cover - the stitching is excellent. I believe the FUT strip was taken on either side of the old scar since there is definitely only one line at the new incision. It does not feel any tighter than a year ago, same complete numbness above incision which was expected. Numbness from last year's procedure felt about 85% recovered (estimating) and I suspect that there could be some underlying nerves still not fully recovered that has reduced 2nd procedure pain. Curious if any one else with multiple FUT procedures noticed this.

Yes my 2nd FUT was definitely less painful overall ! 

• Like 1