Did I lose any grafts after my hair transplant? Pics provided

Okay hey everyone I am currently at my 6 day post op of my hair transplant. I woke up my 6th day and noticed some of the initial scab missing creating a slit as you can see on the pictures I’ve circled it and provided another clear picture of it. I am taking well care of my grafts and don’t think I have picked or done anything but I do move a lot while sleeping so am not sure. Also, the original Mossi shampoo given by my doctor was confiscated at the airport, so I’ve decided to go with st.botanica collagen n biotin volume shampoo after some research since it was cheaper as I am not sure if that’s the problem, I’ve only washed it twice after the first doctors wash. I’d appreciate the help if some experts can see if I have lost grafts or what not since I am really stressing out and cannot get hold of my surgeon overseas. 

171F45FF-8E66-4627-9AD4-561452E283D2.png

A707D6B4-CC21-456C-8FCF-A101BA4BEFF9.png

Welcome to the forum Covid19, we normally only here about you through the news. So you are dealing with hairloss too, and you've only been around since last year. This may be the first known case of kharma-based MPB! :D

You should be fine, its called something like a 'river' effect, from the swelling/contraction, drying/moisture after the procedure. What you really want to watch out for is bleeding, no blood no problems.

Edited by ciaus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Welcome to the forum Covid19, we normally only here about you through the news. So you are dealing with hairloss too, and you've only been around since last year. This may be the first known case of kharma-based MPB! :D

You should be fine, its called something like a 'river' effect, from the swelling/contraction, drying/moisture after the procedure. What you really want to watch out for is bleeding, no blood no problems.

Thank you so much for responding! And haha 😭 I was also worried about some dried up blood as well and I don’t use any spray, moisturizer or anything as my doctor never advised me with nothing else but a shampoo for the wash. I was even thinking of incorporating coconut oil as well just to help with the healing of the scabs but not sure. 

Most doctors provide a spray bottle solution to use the first 1-2 weeks after the procedure to keep the area moist and promote healing, and to help manage the itching you'll experience more and more as the days go by. My doctor provided a bottle of copper peptides solution, the brand was Graftcyte, after my procedures and I sprayed it on about hourly for the first two weeks.

You want to be really careful up to 10 days, the grafts will be anchored under the skin by then. Stuff like coconut oil, some kinds of aloe formulas should be alright, just be careful that it doesn't cake to the skin and form a 'shell' like barrier over the area that you have to rub to get off, you don't want to be rubbing those areas in these early days after the procedure. I've noticed a few aloe gel solutions out there that do that. Check with your doctor and see if his not giving you any moisturizing recommendations was an over-sight. And whatever you do apply test it on your arm or some other safe area first to make sure that when it drys its fully absorbed and doesn't create any kind of barrier shell on the skin.

The grafted area looks very clean especially at 6 days...you did not lose any grafts...what's missing is just some of the crusts that have fallen or rubbed off...no issues.

Why the handle of "Covid19"?....did you by chance test positive for the virus?

Edited by gillenator

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

2 hours ago, gillenator said:

Why the handle of "Covid19"?....did you by chance test positive for the virus?

Yeah...it's kind of off-putting. 

I changed my first screen name from 'Harry Balzsack" for that very reason.   

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.