Am I too far gone for a good hair transplant outcome?

Been losing hair for about 12 years, the last 2 years have seemed pretty stable and I haven't used any topical or pharmaceuticals yet. I had an evaluation done about 3 years ago and they said I have high donor density, and could get 8000 FUE no problem. I didn't pursue it at the time because the cost was too high. Now I am considering it again, hoping perhaps that 2 sessions of 4000 grafts would be enough to give me back a full head of hair (or at least not noticeably bald or balding). But I am not sure if 8000 would be enough. I don't want to pursue it if it's not feasible to restore a full (but low density) head of hair.

IMG_0047.png

IMG_0045.png

Edited by Neurd
grammar

Consider consulting with Dr. Zarev, he easily has some of the best documented restorations on high NW patients. If you have good donor he probably can extract 10K+ grafts from you.

There is a thread about him here 

Edited by JohnBob

• Moderators

If you have a good, healthy donor area then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get a nice result. 6000 to 8000 grafts with a conservative hairline height should be able to get a NW6 some decent, moderate coverage.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.