FUE and Graft Confusion

Dear Friends, 

Like I had mention in my previous post that my Transplant Hair went into disaster mode due to Sebbohiric Dermatitis ...after taking medicines so far my itchiness has gone and scalp is ready for HT....So I went to few clinics in India for an FUE ... And each and every doctor has confused me further...

Clinic A story  

Doctor said that 4000 grafts can be taken and can be implanted by Fue method in two sittings .

Clinic B Story 

Doctor said that after first HT with 3200 grafts gone... My donor hair are very weak and thin  . And hence only 2000 grafts can be taken from back... But result quality will be average due to thin quality of hair grafts.  

Clinic C story 

Doctor said the same story what Clinic B said... But they are saying that i should go for 4 PRP sessions with multi vitamins to make my graft strong again.   And then they can perform FUE with 2500 grafts , but still..less chances of having triple hair in grafts... 

Summary -

Over all. .all doctors above also said that hair line front has got few transplant hair left from previous surgery... So it will be difficult for them to repair it by doing any density packing in front...as it can be done only in a clean bald area. ... 

Clinic B also has BioFue and BigFue method apart from normal standard FUE method.. 

I have not understood anything of these two new methods... 

Kindly help me in this case... I am confused...and also worried... And actually not aware of how many grafts do I have actually left wit me ..

16 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Who did your first Ht? And how many grafts was it? Also was Eugenix one of the clinics you have consulted with?

Thanks 🙏 

My first HT was done by Dr Radha ... She took around 2800 graft... 

I have not consulted with eugenix yet..

I have never heard any hair transplant professional say that sebhorric dermatitis nullifies hair transplant surgery. I personally experience sebhorric dermatitis myself, I would imagine its quite a common condition. While exploring hair transplant options myself I spoke to lots of hair transplant professionals online and offline, I told most of them about my skin and scalp condition, not one professional suggested that sebhorric dermatitis would add a huge risk to surgery.

From your pictures it does not look like you have any sebhorric dermatits at all. My understanding of sebhorric dermatits is that of dandruffy flakey stuff in the scalp/hair, perhaps including some dryness in the scalp. In extreme conditions it can be quite perceptible but in many mild cases it is not a major obstruction to hair growth.

Perhaps your hair loss has been caused by something other than sebhorric dermatitis?

Anyway, I hope you can get a satisfying repair job if that's what you so desire and I wish you the very best of luck.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

The most important part of considering undergoing a hair transplant (and even more so for a repair) is to have excellent communication with the surgeon. No question should be made to feel as though it is a silly question and you should be made to feel that you can never ask too many questions. You need to understand everything that they are saying and have confidence in them. Personally I would consult with Eugenix about your situation. Wishing you all the best.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about your situation. Have you had a scalp biopsy performed? My recommendation before proceeding with another transplant is to get a biopsy performed to ensure there are no scarring related issues. Otherwise, you don't want to end up spending more money on another transplant and have to deal with this again.

I agree you should definitely consult with Eugenix but based on prior pics you had posted there seems to be a lot of bare scalp in the mid scalp and I think you should get it checked.

Keep us posted on how things go and hoping everything gets sorted out.

Edited by deitel130

I have been on medicines for last 15 days for dermatitis... Hence it is under control now... 

My only concern is the grafts now... 

Few doctors said that my hair is very thin, and the grafts are also weak, but some are saying that they can get 4000 grafts while some are saying only 2500 grafts I have with me..

While one doctor is considering 4 prp sessions before FUE to improve graft quality.

While some doctors are suggesting for for a BIO FUE for better results... 

I am confused now... What to do ahead?

18 minutes ago, npk21 said:

I have been on medicines for last 15 days for dermatitis... Hence it is under control now... 

My only concern is the grafts now... 

Few doctors said that my hair is very thin, and the grafts are also weak, but some are saying that they can get 4000 grafts while some are saying only 2500 grafts I have with me..

While one doctor is considering 4 prp sessions before FUE to improve graft quality.

While some doctors are suggesting for for a BIO FUE for better results... 

I am confused now... What to do ahead?

I just read up on dermatitis and it states that the lost hair should grow back. Did your doctor mention the same? If yes, perhaps wait to see if it grows back before proceeding. I would say 4500 grafts is probably what is needed and perhaps a combination with BHT may be a good option. Eugenix has excellent results with BHT and you should definitely consult with them also.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If you had a scalp condition that was causing some hair loss then you really should wait at least 6 months to see how much hair grows back.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I am taking dermatitis from past 6 years... 

And i have very thin hair... I have lost many hair... 

My lost hair are not growing back again...

Now only an FUE will help... 

But is there any advanced version in FUE which can provide good grafts from my weak donor area?