Question?

Tm339

So I know based on my last post my hair looks fine and there is really nothing to worry about. I also had a dermatologist appointment and he looked at my hair and said he saw no thinning/diffusion. However I can’t help but ask what is this pattern on the back of my head. I never really comb the back of my head when getting out of the shower and let it dry naturally so I was thinking it most be some type of natural hair separation pattern because both parts of the hair appear to be going separate ways. 57F83916-4F2F-461E-8E71-0EBC3A474B16.jpeg.4e1aa9d25c1ae63845079155fa88e9fe.jpeg What do you guys think? This picture was taken after waking up from a nap as well so who knows maybe it got messed up? 

Either a natural swirl which almost everyone has, or you rested your head right at that spot and it was parting your hair. If you can, get the opinion of at least two other dermas, just to have a great sample of opinions. Looks to me like you have solid hair 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Everyone has a crown swirl. It's totally normal. Some are more pronounced than others and in a lot of people it can be more off to one side rather than in the center. In some rare cases there is a double swirl.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

10 hours ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

if you have hair loss at 16 its not male pattern baldness. 

Not necessarily true, since it's mostly triggered by DHT, I think a lot probably has to do with your hormones and when and how hard you start puberty.  My hair loss started at 16, I remember the exact appointment when my hair stylist said "Well, it looks like it's time to stop using the thinning shears on you", talk about a heart sink.  But, I did start puberty way younger than most of my peers.  However, I wouldn't say this kid has hair loss yet based on the picture provided.

My Hair Transplant: 12/14/2020, 2,380 FUT, Dr. Konior
Medication:  Finasteride 1mg daily (most days I remember)

• Moderators
On 12/28/2020 at 2:56 AM, DenverBuff1989 said:

if you have hair loss at 16 its not male pattern baldness. 

I had noticeable crown loss at 15 years old. By 16 I was combing my hair straight back to cover my thinning crown. At 17 I switched to doing a combover because my temples had receded too much to comb my hair back. At 18 I could no longer cover the crown even with a combover. At 19 it was obvious I was doing a combover as the temples had receded so much and left me with a center tuft of hair with very thin hair in the midscalp and a several inch diameter completely bald crown. At 21 I got a hair system. At 22 and a NW 6 I got a hair transplant.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.