is finesteride having an effect in my semen

johnboy

ok so basically im kinda freaked out right now, been using the drug for about 10 months but only today have i noticed that my semen seemed 'different', ok i hear it gets watery which i can deal with but the unwatery bits seemed sticky, and stranger than usual!

anybody else noticed this?

i take 1.25 per day but may cut that down to takin a quarter of a pill every other day cus this has spooked me out!

Johnboy,

Watery seminal fluid is a known side effect of finasteride; however, other factors such as the frequency of ejaculation can also influence this. And stickiness is normal in this department, don't you think?

It's obviously a good idea to continue monitoring your sexual health. Just don't spend too much time analyzing the consistency of your semen. icon_wink.gif

A lot of users are more comfortable taking 1.25 mg every other day, so I'd say it's worth a shot. Keep us posted.

Best,

Anthony (youngsuccess)

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

thanks for the reply, maybe i was just being over paranoid, as its been fine since, or maybe it was just a one off lol i don know, ill defo continue to monitor it though (not too much though lol)

Regards

It's obviously a good idea to continue monitoring your sexual health. Just don't spend too much time analyzing the consistency of your semen. Wink

Its pretty funny. Ever since I started on Propecia I have been so concerned about my libido that I began masturbating more and more throughout the day. Now I have begun to notice that my semen is a bit weaker, but Im not sure if its the propecia or, just as likely, the stress from the increased masturbation. For the first month of propecia i could swear my libido actually went up for a while...

Is it true that a thinner semen means a lower sperm count?

No. The volume of the seminal fluid decreasing does not equate to the level of sperm decreasing. Sperm count, motility, etc. remain unchanged.

take care...

I began masturbating more and more throughout theday.

Frequent masturbation or lack of abstinence will affect your sperm count. Not only will seminal volume decrease, so too will your sperm count. For a consistent sperm count at least two days abstinence is generally recommended.

Cheers,

Blond.

-----------------------------

PhD (Experimental and Clinical medicine)

1.25mg Finasteride

Minoxidil 5% (EOD)

Nizoral 1% (x3/week)

Watery semen is totally normal IMO if you're taking fin.

I've been on it for 10+ years and this has always been the drug's effect. They call it a "side effect" but that's just pushing the truth under the rug. This is the EFFECT of reduced DHT in your prostate.

But since ejacualtions feel the same, and boner's remain stiff as steel (with the right chick) it doesn't bother me one bit.