Is it too early for me to get a transplant (Pics Included)

Hi There, 

I'm a 28 years old afro Carribbean male. My hairline has slowly been balding since I was approximately 20-21, and it's become quite noticeable now. My hairline, temples, and side of my hair were a lot lower. I'm also thinning slightly in the crown, although this doesn't concern me as much. I've tried minoxidil and finasteride, but was unable to continue with those long as they gave me issues in the bedroom, which stopped immediately after I stopped using them. Is it too early for me to get FUE? I was considering Dr Raghu Reddy or Dr Cinik.

_20201119_105900.JPG

_20201119_105720.JPG

_20201119_105612.JPG

_20201119_105445.JPG

_20201119_105308.JPG

DSC_0271.JPG

I don't think your MPB is particularly aggressive, in fact I'm sure to the layman it doesn't look like you're balding at all. However there's about 2-3 cm that's missing from your original hairline imo, which could be fixed by a small procedure, for sure, however you're only 28 and not on medication, so imagine that the area behind your hair transplant will continue to thin out, how would that look in 5-10-15 years? 

Dr. Reddy seems like a good choice but forget about Cinik.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Those are polar opposite surgeons. I’ll say be careful lowering your hairline too much, be cognizant of the future. Yes don’t think Reddys skill or quality is comparable to the other doc. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the replies gents. After doing some research, Cinik doesn't seem like a very good choice at all! I'll only be looking to lower my hairline by maybe half an inch. I imagine that if I have the surgery anytime soon, I run the risk of needing surgeries in future, which I'm ok with. Is future proofing possible? In terms of having the surgeon ass grafts a bit higher up where I still have a decent density of hair?

Are there any other recommended FUE surgeons, that could suit? Preferably in Turkey, or somewhere abroad in the EU to lower the cost? Although cost isn't everything is does play a factor in my decision.

Edited by P.O.G
Additional Question that I thought of after I posted

I have seen some stellar systems with your hair type on YouTube and Instagram Look into it you might want to try to avoid the surgery. 

• Like 1

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, P.O.G said:

Thanks for the replies gents. After doing some research, Cinik doesn't seem like a very good choice at all! I'll only be looking to lower my hairline by maybe half an inch. I imagine that if I have the surgery anytime soon, I run the risk of needing surgeries in future, which I'm ok with. Is future proofing possible? In terms of having the surgeon ass grafts a bit higher up where I still have a decent density of hair?

Are there any other recommended FUE surgeons, that could suit? Preferably in Turkey, or somewhere abroad in the EU to lower the cost? Although cost isn't everything is does play a factor in my decision.

Dr. Bisanga has a clinic in Greece which is very reasonable cost wise. He has experience with afrocentric hair as well. Pm @Raphael84 he’s got all the information. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, Shifty said:

I have seen some stellar systems with your hair type on YouTube and Instagram Look into it you might want to try to avoid the surgery. 

Thanks Shifty, can you let me know what to search for on YouTube, I'll be sure to check it out

12 hours ago, P.O.G said:

Thanks Shifty, can you let me know what to search for on YouTube, I'll be sure to check it out

I just did a quick search on Instagram for #hairsystem and pulled up the first profile i saw. -- https://www.instagram.com/q_stylezz/

you gotta dig a little more i am sure but great examples out there. 

• Thanks 1

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update.