Recipient still little bit red at 2 months / is this early growth or no shed?

I'm 2 months post op 2,400 Fue surgery and my recipient area is still a little red. I'm wondering if this is normal at this point or if I should be doing something to treat it? I also had some flakes or more likely dead skin in the area that were coming out in the shower. 

The second question is, are some of the hairs in the recpient area hairs that didn't shed, possibly new growth or native hair? I'm leaning towards a combination of native hair and some grafts not shedding. Is this normal?

IMG_5410.thumb.JPG.e2ccd73dbe0be52e061c78a0727011e7.JPG99850224_IMG_54042.thumb.JPG.484b2561df578b8d089c91cf9e2f814d.JPG

Most people do not shed 100% of their transplanted hair. Chances are those longer hairs are the survivors. Everyone is different.

You are deep in the dormant stage. Your new hairs are growing but they are below the surface. Remember that hair grows about 1cm/month. So you can expect to see young, thin sprouts between months 2 & 3.  By month 4 most people start getting excited by improved density and thickness. You look completely on track.

I don't know much about the redness, it's all over the board. It seems to vary from lasting a couple weeks to several months. Maybe add some aloe vera gel into your routine?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Most people do not shed 100% of their transplanted hair. Chances are those longer hairs are the survivors. Everyone is different.

You are deep in the dormant stage. Your new hairs are growing but they are below the surface. Remember that hair grows about 1cm/month. So you can expect to see young, thin sprouts between months 2 & 3.  By month 4 most people start getting excited by improved density and thickness. You look completely on track.

I don't know much about the redness, it's all over the board. It seems to vary from lasting a couple weeks to several months. Maybe add some aloe vera gel into your routine?

Thanks for reply. I put a little polysporen but I’m going to go out today and get aloe think that’s a great idea. Yeah I’m def deep in the woods right now but I’m staying patient, going to wait at least another 2-3 months to get excited about anything 

Hey @TorontoMan, I'm about a month ahead of you with my 2332 FUE procedure. Redness for me didn't go away until 3 months and 1 week. I noticed in the 3rd month, after a shower, the redness would be gone. Then I would apply Rogaine foam, and the redness came right back. But now even with applying Rogaine, the redness doesn't come back. I've heard of it lasting some 5-6 months before when I researched the subject.

Something that I did apply somewhere after month 2 was this stuff. The lessening effects of redness was instant. I didn't apply it regularly at all though. When I read about it, another member said he applied it every hour and credited it with possibly saving some of his grafts. Not sure about that, but I know it definitely helped with redness.. I used it maybe once or twice a day 2-3 times a week.

I had many transplanted hairs in the forelock that didn't shed just like you did. It's atypical but a pleasant surprise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

Hey @TorontoMan, I'm about a month ahead of you with my 2332 FUE procedure. Redness for me didn't go away until 3 months and 1 week. I noticed in the 3rd month, after a shower, the redness would be gone. Then I would apply Rogaine foam, and the redness came right back. But now even with applying Rogaine, the redness doesn't come back. I've heard of it lasting some 5-6 months before when I researched the subject.

Something that I did apply somewhere after month 2 was this stuff. The lessening effects of redness was instant. I didn't apply it regularly at all though. When I read about it, another member said he applied it every hour and credited it with possibly saving some of his grafts. Not sure about that, but I know it definitely helped with redness.. I used it maybe once or twice a day 2-3 times a week.

I had many transplanted hairs in the forelock that didn't shed just like you did. It's atypical but a pleasant surprise.

I'm gonna check that out, thanks! Happy growing mate 

As the trauma level subsides, the redness should decrease but it takes time.

I always favor using an enriched aloe vera cream which helps soothe and facilitate the healing process.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY