New Hairline Idea - What Do You Think?

Hi Rossybop, my honest opinion is that isn't a big enough change. You can find a nice balance in between conservative and aggressive but ultimately you need to be happy.

You say yourself in the post you were hoping they would propose a wider hairline, there is your answer.

Some of the options jimcraig152 has put forward are much better in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

Could be. Or they may be approaching your case with more aggressive hairline-only work like this:

Profile4.jpg.aaa3a7b7ae376e43bf3778c15090107b.jpg

If so, that would account for the 300-500 extra grafts. And here is the same hairline with some theoretical temple work:

Profile5.jpg.4b8ea5b096ff642d34af32353399f76a.jpg

Anyhow, the mid-forehead height of the hairline placement by this clinic is good and close to where Mother Nature would have placed it on your face (applying fibonacci sequence principles, rule of thirds, being age appropriate, etc.), while still being conservative. But yeah, I think one of these two photos is what you should be looking for while preserving donor supply to treat future progression.

Yeah, I much prefer the temple work and nicer frame that you have applied. Thanks very much buddy.

56 minutes ago, IanH said:

Hi Rossybop, my honest opinion is that isn't a big enough change. You can find a nice balance in between conservative and aggressive but ultimately you need to be happy.

You say yourself in the post you were hoping they would propose a wider hairline, there is your answer.

Some of the options jimcraig152 has put forward are much better in my opinion.

Thanks for your opinion. Now that I've heard from lots of people and I've seen some alternative hairlines I think I'll go explore more aggressive options. Thanks for the help and support :)

• Like 1

I agree with most of the comments here. I Think the mid section height is acceptable and realistic. However, I do think you will need some flaring near the temples or a slightly lower hairline. I personally like the flared hairline around the temples just at a point to blend with your temporal hair. Gives a youthful look. As for the temple points, that can be done but in your case, it is not super important as you do have a hint of a temple point which is really the whole purpose of doing them. They tend to remain red for a while in fair skin so I tend to avoid them if no flat recession" in it exists. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

1 hour ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I agree with most of the comments here. I Think the mid section height is acceptable and realistic. However, I do think you will need some flaring near the temples or a slightly lower hairline. I personally like the flared hairline around the temples just at a point to blend with your temporal hair. Gives a youthful look. As for the temple points, that can be done but in your case, it is not super important as you do have a hint of a temple point which is really the whole purpose of doing them. They tend to remain red for a while in fair skin so I tend to avoid them if no flat recession" in it exists. 

Ok, interesting and good to hear a surgeon's opinion here.

Can you tell me/demonstrate what is flaring near the temples/a lower hairline?

I'm confused as to what you mean by working on my temple points, and this term "no flat recession."

Flares are just gentle curves around your temple peaks or recessions. Temporal points are the triangular peaks on the sides. As long as you have pointy triangles, then that looks natural, however, if the points recede back to a flat line then they may need to be transplanted to make them pointy again. EBEA494F-1F9E-45BD-A906-226744128DC6.jpeg.1d25edbf09550d93112509520efe0300.jpegC83D9198-EF7F-422A-9A50-1068D4FE3546.jpeg.837186f16c2222227709ad1ddcd40a61.jpeg

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Sorry about the bad drawings. I didnt mean to lower it that much but just to show my thoughts about it. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Aha. Now I see. I am learning so much here it is like a university degree on hair transplant surgery ha! Flares, temporal peaks and temporal points - got ya! 

So you reckon perhaps flares/temporal point work should be done, but I don't really need anything done on my temporal peaks - interesting! 

I will be sure to mention all of these points from now on whenever I contact transplant professionals.

Thank you kindly for your assistance.

Is it likely that the temporal points will recede? 

I started using finasteride and Regaine recently. Also is it true that balding slows down in the 30's/40's?

I personally thing you need softer temple recessions. Sometimes to get that properly done, you will need a slight correction of the temple points/peaks and sometimes we can avoid it. The temple points can recede yes ofcourse. Not in everyone but they sure can and that’s when they may need few grafts to recreate their shape. Stick to Finasteride and minoxidil that’s great.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Animated based upon the good doctor @DrTBarghouthi's feedback. Looks like he is spot on with lowering the hairline a bit plus the flaring and temple work (if I am interpreting things correctly). Didn't do any freehand drawing this time around. Doesn't look it is an exponential increase in grafts either.

(Hair line at the end. Wait for it.)

TheGoodDocII.gif.9775ecfdc5f3c9ddb04b52cd977b2d17.gif

Edited by jimcraig152
grammar
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

Animated based upon the good doctor @DrTBarghouthi's feedback. Looks like he is spot on with lowering the hairline a bit plus the flaring and temple work (if I am interpreting things correctly). Didn't do any freehand drawing this time around. Doesn't look it is an exponential increase in grafts either.

(Hair line at the end. Wait for it.)

TheGoodDocII.gif.9775ecfdc5f3c9ddb04b52cd977b2d17.gif

This is amazing @jimcraig152 and I think it suits him perfectly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

No worries @Rossybop. We are brothers in the struggle. Glad to be of help. When you do get your procedure, page me. Very keen on seeing your eventual road to success.

I'd be weary of the clinic you spoke of in this thread however. Highly ethical, yes. Highly technical, perhaps. Highly artistic though? As you can see the proposed hairline they designed for you was unanimously jeered. I believe you are in good hands now (your own).

-Best

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

No worries @Rossybop. We are brothers in the struggle. Glad to be of help. When you do get your procedure, page me. Very keen on seeing your eventual road to success.

I'd be weary of the clinic you spoke of in this thread however. Highly ethical, yes. Highly technical, perhaps. Highly artistic though? As you can see the proposed hairline they designed for you was unanimously jeered. I believe you are in good hands now (your own).

-Best

Brothers in struggle is right mate. The assistance and community support here is brilliant.

The clinic I attended in Dublin are the most well-known in Ireland. They pride themselves on being ethical, however, I think they have not updated their skillset since they opened 17 years ago. They are also one of the most expensive clinics in the world. I think I'll choose either Dr Saifi in Poland or Dr Anastasakis in Greece.

Thanks, I'll share my journey here when I have a procedure.

• Like 1