Exosomes/Stem Cell - Micrograft vs Adipose (Rigenera vs Kerastem)

Hi, 

I'm early stage hair loss, 32 y/o taking finasteride for just over a year as well as 3 PRP treatments. This appears to have stabilised the hairline & I'm monitoring this with the hope of a frontal restoration.

I've been hearing a lot of noise and optimism about exosomes and starting looking into treatments in the UK. I've come across two different options two options for Exosomes/Stem Cell therapy:

• Regenera Activa - which involves taking a sample of hair from the back that is unaffected by hair loss 
  • Kerastem - small liposuction to extract adipose tissue

I wondered if people have any experience or opinions on the different approaches?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Edited by JeremyJamesLevy

I saw this from a company offering Regenera which sounds logical but wondered if it was actually true:

Advantages of skin biopsy versus adipose derived stem cells:

Skin tissue of the scalp is far more specific than adipose tissue, due to having the same embryological origin as the affected region of the hair loss. The science behind the regenerative capabilities is of powerful protein progenitor cells. These important cells inclosed within the micrograft, and provide a solution that is a powerful site-regulated drugstore that serves as a modulatory agent. By injecting these micrografts into the affected areas of hair loss, these cells are able to perceive the micro environment that surrounds them.

To obtain the same amount of progenitor you need at least 10ml of fat tissue, whereas, with a skin biopsy micrograft, you only need three small dermatological punches of 2 mm to achieve the same quantity.

Finally, skin biopsies of far less invasive than lipo with much less bruising.

Unfortunately, at current there's no proven advancements in terms of any of these treatments, otherwise everyone would be jumping on board. 

Although I believe there to be serious potential with for the future using this science, at the moment it is best if you save your money and spend it on a frontal hair restoration with a world class surgeon, and continue with your prp and finasteride.  

Exosomes aren't currently available in the UK - there only seems to be a handful of US clinics that currently provide this treatment, from what I understand. 

• Administrators

Exosome therapy is new and unproven. I would say get on finasteride asap if you’re in the early stages. CB-03-01 is something to look for in the near future.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 8 months later...

Exosomes seem to lack 'social proof' or real results. It is difficult to find consistent results from reputable sources. Seems to be a ton of talk yet little to show. Regenera on the other hand is rarely discussed. Again, little results however there is a poster on this forum @MM2020 who used it in combination with a hair transplant (only 1200 grafts) with remarkable results. May be something more to this Regenera and possibly > exosomes...?